Default so how was your weekend?

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:

I'm thinking of putting up a tower and TH11 at the new house in SC,

There just seems to be something completely appropriate for you to be
moving to south carolina. It seems to suit you to a teabag.

--
Birther-Deather-Tenther-Teabagger:
Idiots All
mgg mgg is offline

"H the K" wrote in message
m...
Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:

I'm thinking of putting up a tower and TH11 at the new house in SC,

There just seems to be something completely appropriate for you to be
moving to south carolina. It seems to suit you to a teabag.

Was his post directed at you, moron? Do you interject your comments when two
people are having a conversation out in public? If you behaved here like I
suppose you do in public, this group would be a much better place. That
includes your garbage cut and pastes. No different than preaching on a busy
streetcorner. Hell, you may do that as well... sigh

--Mike

On Sep 10, 8:38*pm, Tom Francis - SWSports
wrote:
On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 17:17:33 -0700 (PDT), wf3h
wrote:

On Sep 10, 5:18*pm, Tom Francis - SWSports
wrote:
On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 13:10:29 -0700 (PDT), wf3h
wrote:

ah, labor day...good time for boating...

got the boat all ready...since i just purchased it (an old
tollycraft), i tested all the electronics, and over the course of 3
days, sat at dock letting the engine run, checking oil pressure,
temperature, fittings, etc.....

so we pull away from the slip....got about 3 miles down the channel
and the bilge alarm goes off....the wife checks the bilge and it's
about half filled with water....

i shut the engine off to shut off the cooling pump which has sprung a
leak, and call the CG. *they're on scene in about a minute since
they'd just passed. *they put a pump on board but it doesn't
work...sea tow tosses us 2 bilge pumps but my pumps have pumped out
the water by this time....

the CG tows us back to the marina, escorted by sea tow...the
CG...amazing guys...put my boat right into the slip with their 23'
RHI. *(my boat's a 9000 lb 26' sedan cruiser). *so we start the paper
work....wife says she's going to take our 2 65 pound poodles for a
walk....

we finish up the CG paperwork...and a woman from the marina walks up
to me, saying 'i hate to tell you this, but your wife just took a bad
fall'.....

i walk outside the marina gates. *there she sits along with 2 police
cars with lights flashing...we try to stand her up but she can't put
weight on her left leg. into the ambulance she goes, off to the
hospital.

x rays show she's broken her hip. *the next day a surgeon puts in 2
pins.

so we got in 1/2 of a boat ride, the other half provided by the
CG...and the season is over....

so how was your weekend?

Dude!!!

Well, I got no right to complain - it was certainly better than that -
wow.

Hope all is well with the XYL.

Oh - good thing you got Sea//Tow huh? *:)-

yeah it was one of those weekends when you say "WTF"? but the folks at
the marina were great...kept an eye on the doggies while I was at the
hospital

Well, good luck to her - hope she feels better.

I saw where you were thinking of getting back on with MMSN. *I've got
three 20 meter 6 element monobanders in the garage - their set up for
- ahem - a california kilowatt, but I have the original parts. I had
them stacked on a 120' tower when I was active in contesting. *

I'm thinking of putting up a tower and TH11 at the new house in SC,
but I don't think I'm getting back into contesting so the monobanders
would just be gathering dust.

If you decide to get around to getting back on, let me know. *I sure
as hell don't need them.

A little later: I just went out to the garage - I have the ring rotors
for them too - that was a surprise - I thought I sold those. *:)- Hide quoted text -

nice set up! i've got a mosley pro 67b but just have to decide to put
it up

wrote:

[...]

Never owned a Mosely antenna, but one the locals has one - I've worked
a couple of contests with him - fairly decent antenna. I was
surprised at the front to back ratio - almost as quiet as my TH11 off
the back of the antenna - you could really hear the difference
swinging the beam around.

I won't repeat what I had back in the day, but the remants are mainly
wires - I have a 3600' two wire Beverage, a couple of 160 meter wires
in the trees and a ridiculously long long wire - 1,600' feet. A
couple of G5RVs at 50 feet oriented NE/SW and NW/SE. I've been
thinking about putting up a R5 vertical I found at a yard sale a few
years ago, but I'd have to rebuild the matching system.

Wht are you running for radios? I've got my Dad's Colins S-line and
his KWM-2 that I use a lot, but the rest of the system is pretty much
all digital - Yaesu FT-1000D. FT-900 backup and an FT-757 for the
truck if I ever get around to doing CW mobile again. :)

Interested in QRP at a all?

"wf3h" wrote in message
[...]

Talk about bad luck! Sorry to hear that..... hope your wife heals well
without any long term problems.

On Sep 10, 6:34*pm, "Don White" wrote:

[...]

thanks much...she's pretty strong so should do well
jps jps is offline

wrote:

[...]

****. So sorry to hear.

Hope the wife is comfy and you get another chance at a cruise soon.

wrote:

[...]

thanks much...believe it or not, we're both looking forward to next
year's boating season

"wf3h" wrote in message
[...]

Muy Mal. Best of luck to the wife in recovery.

On Sep 11, 2:07*am, "Calif Bill" wrote:
"wf3h" wrote in message

[...]

much appreciated....at least we didn't miss TOO much of boating
season!

This weekend.... Bobsprit ASA 6 June 30th 04 02:13 AM
50 MPH sailing this weekend Joe ASA 12 June 4th 04 04:46 AM
50 MPH sailing this weekend Joe ASA 1 May 29th 04 02:46 PM
Fantastic Weekend Bobsprit ASA 5 May 24th 04 12:37 PM
What a Weekend!!! Bobsprit ASA 8 September 8th 03 01:47 PM