Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default WOW!! Deja Vu all over again

"U.S. commanders, citing new rules to avoid civilian casualties,
rejected repeated calls to unleash artillery rounds at attackers dug
into the slopes and tree lines — despite being told repeatedly that
they weren't near the village."

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/227/story/75036.html

The left has taken to calling Afghanistan "Obama's Vietnam." Well, if
we're going to let troops die as part of a PR stunt, then yes, it does
begin to resemble Vietnam.

Either we're going to give our troops every advantage in an effort to
allow them to win or we should, in fact, get out. If Obama has in mind
a Nixon-style "decent interval" where we are going to let troops be
killed in an effort not to win a war but to simply contrive a
politically-palatable "defeat with honor," then get them out of there.

As John Kerry said "No one wants to be the last soldier to die for a
lie." And if these rules persist, if this happens again, our troops
will in fact be dying for a lie.

Deja vu all over again... John H[_2_] General 0 May 13th 09 09:23 PM
Deja Vu all over again. Don White General 105 September 13th 06 12:32 AM
déjà vu all over again Eisboch General 125 December 15th 05 02:53 PM
OT - Deja Vu Vito ASA 0 March 16th 05 07:01 PM
Deja Vu Bertie the Bunyip ASA 1 August 10th 03 01:38 AM