Eisboch

Default déjà vu all over again

To those that read my "trip to hell" back in November where I spend 5 days
in a hotel room in Georgia while they fixed my super duty Ford 350 .....

I just got back from my final trip to Florida - picked up the Scout (another
story) and started the trip back to MA. Got to Norfork and visited Eisboch
Jr. and his very pregnant wife, then headed north towing the Scout. Got as
far as Fredricksburg, VA and the new, heavy duty diesel Ford 350 died again.

After all kinds of debates and decisions, I ended up hiring the tow company
to transport the dead Ford, with a 20' Scout in tow, all the way from VA to
MA.

We dropped off the boat in my driveway, then continued to Plymouth, MA and
dropped off the dead Ford in the dealer's lot. Gonna be a bit of excitement
down there on Monday when they open.

Eisboch (back from the last trip to hell)

Wayne.B

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 18:53:35 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

We dropped off the boat in my driveway, then continued to Plymouth, MA and
dropped off the dead Ford in the dealer's lot. Gonna be a bit of excitement
down there on Monday when they open.

If you are like me, you will eventually come around to the point of
view that you will never buy another Ford product. That has
subsequently been modified to "never another non-Japanese vehicle".

Unfortunately Toyota does not yet make a super duty pickup but I
wouldn't be surprised if they eventually come up with something.

-rick-

"Eisboch" wrote ...

We dropped off the boat in my driveway, then continued to Plymouth, MA and
dropped off the dead Ford in the dealer's lot. Gonna be a bit of excitement
down there on Monday when they open.

Sorry to hear it. Let us know what the diagnosis is if you don't mind.

-rick-

Wayne.B

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 01:35:02 GMT, Shortwave Sportfishing
wrote:

Actually, I had a ride in a Tundra the other day and was pleasantly
surprised - it seemed like a nice truck.

=================================

I have one and it is a darned nice truck. I won't bore you with the
details of my Ford story but needless to say it was not a good one.

Wayne.B

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 20:37:15 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

Well, I have officially offered to take that pesky truck off Eisboch's
hands...as soon as it is fixed.

=================

Define "fixed".

It's hard to fix what was poorly made. Detroit has had so many wake
up calls over the last 30 years and they still have not figured it
out.

Don White

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:

Actually, I had a ride in a Tundra the other day and was pleasantly
surprised - it seemed like a nice truck.

Not nice enough to replace my F-250 Super Duty 7.3 liter diesel 4x4,
but it was still nice.

Comsumer Reports has been rating it at the top of 'sensible sized'
pickups for a few years.
Dan J.S.

"Eisboch" wrote in message
news
To those that read my "trip to hell" back in November where I spend 5 days
in a hotel room in Georgia while they fixed my super duty Ford 350 .....

I just got back from my final trip to Florida - picked up the Scout
(another story) and started the trip back to MA. Got to Norfork and
visited Eisboch Jr. and his very pregnant wife, then headed north towing
the Scout. Got as far as Fredricksburg, VA and the new, heavy duty diesel
Ford 350 died again.

After all kinds of debates and decisions, I ended up hiring the tow
company to transport the dead Ford, with a 20' Scout in tow, all the way
from VA to MA.

We dropped off the boat in my driveway, then continued to Plymouth, MA and
dropped off the dead Ford in the dealer's lot. Gonna be a bit of
excitement down there on Monday when they open.

Eisboch (back from the last trip to hell)

FORD - Found On Road Dead

I can't wait for Toyota to start making something comparable to the 350 -
and then it's bye bye American brands.

Dan J.S.

It is time for the Subaru story again? You know - the one where a guy
stole a Honda 125, shot out of an intersection and my wife broadsided
him - couldn't avoid him? And where the owner of the Honda came to
get his motorcycle, picked it up, started it and drove it home while
the Subaru has to be towed and subsequently was totaled with $9,000
worth of damage?

Probably what saved her life. If she was driving a Ford, there would be a
good chance she would come out with something worse than a bruising.

Plus, do you believe another car would have less damage? Subarus are
extremely solid. Looks what people race at rallies where you drive these, un
modified in many cases, 80 MPH on dirt roads... Show me one American car
that could take that abuse...

Bert Robbins

"Don White" wrote in message
Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:

Actually, I had a ride in a Tundra the other day and was pleasantly
surprised - it seemed like a nice truck.

Not nice enough to replace my F-250 Super Duty 7.3 liter diesel 4x4,
but it was still nice.

Comsumer Reports has been rating it at the top of 'sensible sized' pickups
for a few years.

Consumer Reports is a joke. They just do cursory evaluations of the
vehicles.

The real test is how many of the trucks are still on the road 10, 15 and 20
years after they are built.

Bert Robbins

"Dan J.S." wrote in message

"Eisboch" wrote in message
[...]