Bert Robbins

Default déjà vu all over again

I have owned several Fords and the worst thing that ever happened was when
the computer died on one vehicle. Had to get it towed, dianosed, and fixed
for a total of $200.

"FREDO" wrote in message
.. .
I had a 94 F-150 XLT Lariat best pulling truck I ever had in 4X4 (locking
front and rear differentials).
But man it was not reliable!

In 36,000 miles and 1 year it had the following repairs:

brake pads and rotors replaced 4 times (rotors kept warping)

fan clutch replaced 2 times

HVAC repaired 3 times they finally found the orifice was missing from the
system, the darn thing would only blow cold air while traveling on the
interstate, any time you went to in town traffic mode it blew hot air.

Radio quit 2 times.

So I traded it on my 96 Subaru Outback and so far it has never been in
for any repairs.

My 00 GMC has had the transfer case replaced, the steering gearbox
replaced and the P/S pump replaced (all under warranty) since then it has
been a truly reliable vehicle.

I wish you well with your Ford quality issues.

"Dan J.S." wrote in message

"Eisboch" wrote in message
news
To those that read my "trip to hell" back in November where I spend 5
days in a hotel room in Georgia while they fixed my super duty Ford 350

I just got back from my final trip to Florida - picked up the Scout
(another story) and started the trip back to MA. Got to Norfork and
visited Eisboch Jr. and his very pregnant wife, then headed north towing
the Scout. Got as far as Fredricksburg, VA and the new, heavy duty
diesel Ford 350 died again.

After all kinds of debates and decisions, I ended up hiring the tow
company to transport the dead Ford, with a 20' Scout in tow, all the way
from VA to MA.

We dropped off the boat in my driveway, then continued to Plymouth, MA
and dropped off the dead Ford in the dealer's lot. Gonna be a bit of
excitement down there on Monday when they open.

Eisboch (back from the last trip to hell)

FORD - Found On Road Dead

I can't wait for Toyota to start making something comparable to the 350 -
and then it's bye bye American brands.

John H.

"Dan J.S." wrote in message

"Eisboch" wrote in message
[...]

On my '95 Sierra, I've had to replace the muffler (with dual exhaust and decent sound from Midas),
the hose to the heater, one door handle, and the dash mounted drink holder.

It's got 113,000 miles on it. BUT, today I had to take it in for a new clutch.

I figure it's good for another 100,000.
--
John Herring

Hope your Christmas is Spectacular,