jps jps is offline

Default Sensible analysis

Despite the theatrics over health care reform, Andrew Sullivan says
President Obama will ultimately get a bill through Congress.

"Obama has a solid majority and can achieve all this with Democratic
votes alone. So why is he in such trouble? Partly it is that this kind
of reform rightly stirs scepticism, and Obama has allowed a hapless
and divided Congress to take the lead, muddying the message. Partly it
is that the hard right is becoming more and more extreme and its fears
have eclipsed the hopes of Obama's supporters. But the most critical
part, in my view, is the public understanding that after two massive
bank bailouts and a vast stimulus package, with two still-intractable
wars, the US cannot afford even the modest 10-year trilliondollar
package Obama is proposing. And Obama's inability to cut spending
while the economy is so fragile means he is constrained from offering
fiscal reassurance."

"So, tactically, Obama is on the defensive. Strategically? Again, he
is stronger than he now appears. When the health insurance bill is
passed and elderly Americans are not rounded up into concentration
camps and granny isn't subjected to euthanasia, and when many
uninsured people gain a peace of mind they have never felt before, and
people become able to change job without fearing loss of insurance,
the Republican scare tactics may come to seem absurd."
Jim Jim is offline

jps wrote:

the Republican scare tactics may come to seem absurd."

They always have been. I think it's like a private joke, "Let's treat
what Sara Palin says seriously just to **** them off."

No matter how destructive it is.

jps jps is offline

On Mon, 07 Sep 2009 12:29:20 -0700, Jim wrote:

jps wrote:

the Republican scare tactics may come to seem absurd."

They always have been. I think it's like a private joke, "Let's treat
what Sara Palin says seriously just to **** them off."

No matter how destructive it is.

I think the Democrats should parade all the paranoia and scare tactics
the Republicans have trotted out every time the Dems try to improve
life for the general public.

We've have seen the end of civilization several times over if their
sky-is-falling predictions came true.
Jim Jim is offline

jps wrote:

We've have seen the end of civilization several times over if their
sky-is-falling predictions came true.

When I see some obvious tactic work, like "The Big Lie," where you make
up your own truth and stick to it until it's accepted, we all loose a
little of our civilization.

Haven't we seen this one? Why does no one point out the tactic. It's
all laid out in your college "Critical Thinking" class. If you
understand the tactics they don't work on you.

It's the way it's always been, but we are supposed to get smart to these
tactics.

Like tobacco advertising. lol
jps jps is offline

On Mon, 07 Sep 2009 14:24:30 -0700, Jim wrote:

jps wrote:

We've have seen the end of civilization several times over if their
sky-is-falling predictions came true.

When I see some obvious tactic work, like "The Big Lie," where you make
up your own truth and stick to it until it's accepted, we all loose a
little of our civilization.

Haven't we seen this one? Why does no one point out the tactic. It's
all laid out in your college "Critical Thinking" class. If you
understand the tactics they don't work on you.

It's the way it's always been, but we are supposed to get smart to these
tactics.

Like tobacco advertising. lol

Hence the disparity of voting habits between those who've had a
reasonable education and those who can't understand when they're duped
by propaganda.

jps wrote:

We've have seen the end of civilization several times over if their
sky-is-falling predictions came true.

When I see some obvious tactic work, like "The Big Lie," where you make
up your own truth and stick to it until it's accepted, we all loose a
little of our civilization.

Haven't we seen this one? Why does no one point out the tactic. It's
all laid out in your college "Critical Thinking" class. If you
understand the tactics they don't work on you.

It's the way it's always been, but we are supposed to get smart to these
tactics.

Like tobacco advertising. lol

Hence the disparity of voting habits between those who've had a
reasonable education and those who can't understand when they're duped
by propaganda.

What? You weren't fooled by Sarah Palin, either? :)

--
Birther-Deather-Tenther-Teabagger:
Idiots All

"jps" wrote in message
The current GOP insanity is similar to the "sky is falling" Democratic
tirades about Bush.

The sky was falling during Bush. We were spilling money and American
blood on a hunt for oil.

The trick is ignoring all of it and looking at the real problems, like
the $.11,787,062,206,713.50 debt
http://www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/BPD...pplication=np\
is reporting right now.

Understood. Why are we so concerned about it when it's spent on our
own welfare but blind to the debt when it's for a bull**** war?

My thoughts exactly! But, some are still waging war against FDR.

--
Nom=de=Plume

wrote:
On Mon, 07 Sep 2009 14:53:37 -0700, jps wrote:

jps wrote:

[...]

Two sides of same mouth?

You have never heard me say one good thing about any of these stupid
wars ... since before the 1991 war. I warned any one who would listen,
that one would be another Vietnam in 1991 ... and I was wrong by 8
years ... so far. We are 18 years and counting in Iraq.
It was only 10 years between the Gulf of Tonkin and the helicopters on
the roof.

But...wars keep our boys in uniform and our military-industrial complex
cooking...

jps wrote:

[...]

And fighting wars is all the right wing Republicans think government
does right. Funny, huh?

mortem analysis Joe ASA 19 January 12th 08 11:32 PM
GPS Performance Analysis Alberto \(Tilax\) General 1 January 25th 05 04:39 AM
GPS Performance analysis Alberto \(Tilax\) Electronics 14 January 23rd 05 10:22 PM
Oil analysis question Tamaroak General 3 October 26th 04 02:41 AM
Oil analysis question Tamaroak Cruising 2 October 26th 04 02:41 AM