Default cost of running a single vs double engine boat

"H the K" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
"NotNow" wrote in message
Harry is just too damned stupid and narcissistic to realize that not
everyone wants just what he has, and that because some people have the
money, and the desire to do things other than what Harry does, that
doesn't mean they are fools. One of my hobbies is brewing beer, for
instance. Harry doesn't have the smarts or the will to get off of his
fat ass to do so, so he makes fun of zymurgy.

Bull*hit!
You cook up batches of 'shine' and grow that 'Georgia Special' crop out
back.

Unlike Loogy, I'm not what you would call a "drinker." A few beers, a few
"girlie drinks" (margaritas, for example) a year, and that's it for me. I
do make one hell of a homemade lemonade or limeade, though... :)

Can you imagine how awful anything Loogy brews up has to be, and how
dangerous it would be to drink it?

Blech.

I can visualize him swillin' from a 2 gallon jug..... you know, the kind
with the finger hole at the top and you throw over your shoulder to support
while the white lightnin' flows out. I wouldn't take a chance on his
'home brewing'.

H the K wrote:
Wizard of Woodstock wrote:
On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 21:19:25 -0700 (PDT), wf3h
wrote:

any idea of the cost of ownership of a single vs double engine boat?
total maintenance, gas consumption? benefits or penalties?

THanks all....

Good question. There are safety aspects to twin ownership - mainly
having a spare engine available in particular if you are planning on
running any distance off shore. I think you were looking at a boat in
the Long Island area if I recall. That part of the world, twins if
you are getting offshore a little ways.

With respect to costs, well two times everything in terms of
maintenance. I've got triple ETECS, three times everything in terms
of costs. Only makes sense.

Complexity? Not really - seperate engines are generally seperate
systems with the exception of the electrical stuff - that can get
complicated with more than one engine depending on how the boat is
wired, but usually seperate systems.

It's a trade off in a number of areas - safety, convienence,
speed/weight ratios, etc. One more of anything is going to cost you
additional money.

Triple eTecs...to assure one will be running when it is time to head for
port.

Jealous?

Don White wrote:
"NotNow" wrote in message
Harry is just too damned stupid and narcissistic to realize that not
everyone wants just what he has, and that because some people have the
money, and the desire to do things other than what Harry does, that
doesn't mean they are fools. One of my hobbies is brewing beer, for
instance. Harry doesn't have the smarts or the will to get off of his fat
ass to do so, so he makes fun of zymurgy.

Bull*hit!
You cook up batches of 'shine' and grow that 'Georgia Special' crop out
back.

Does posting mindless crap make you feel smarter? It's not working.

Don White wrote:
"H the K" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
"NotNow" wrote in message
[...]

You "visualize" more than a sane adult should. Get in your Rav4 and go
for a ride. There is life outside of Usenet, dummy!

"D" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
"H the K" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
"NotNow" wrote in message
[...]

Mmmm yeah, maybe I'll trip on down to Pompano Beach, FL
I imagine it's a lovely place this time of year.

Don White wrote:
"D" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
"H the K" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
"NotNow" wrote in message
[...]

I wouldn't go there alone... :)

--
Whatever moral rules you have proposed, abide by them as they were laws,
and as if you would be guilty of impiety by violating any of them,

Wizard of Woodstock wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Yep.

Then again, I can afford to run mine more than 25 hours a summer and
not have to worry about paying my loan payment on a over priced 21'
center console with a bimini top.

LOL..

On Jul 25, 12:29*pm, NotNow wrote:
Frogwatch wrote:
wrote:
[...]
A. I'm well over the 100 hour mark for this season.

B. Sorry, I don't "finance" boat purchases. My last Parker had no load,
and I used some of the proceeds from the sale of that one to pay cash
for the current Parker.

C. Speaking of overpriced center consoles, consider a 33-footer that
needs THREE 200+ outboards. It's too big to be a trailer boat, unless
you are crazy, and it sure as hell ain't a flats boat. For what you paid
for that gashog you could have bought a really nice diesel-powered boat.

"H the K" wrote in message
m...
Don White wrote:
"D" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
"H the K" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
"NotNow" wrote in message
[...]

Maybe someone can lend me a shootin' iron.
I hear the locals are darn nasty in those parts....must be too much sun, or
too much swamp water.

On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 11:33:39 -0700 (PDT), wf3h
wrote:

so he makes fun of zymurgy.-

what about syzygy?

Wow - never thought I'd see the day when brewing and invariant theory
were mentioned to two back-to-back sentences. :)