NavMike

Default New to Boating And trying to get a yearly cost estimate for outboard running in brackish/sal****er.

I am new to the boating scene and would like some information or a
point toward good information on the best motor and boat to run in the
intercoastal. I live very close to a ramp and plan to store it at my
house. I am leaning toward an outboard due to the ease of cleaning and
prevenitive maint. I am also very interested in a used boat so that I
dont take it in the shorts when I leave FL. I have two big dogs and I
want to take them with me sometimes and possibly spend the night on the
boat or camp on one of the islands. I also want to take friends and
relatives out to the Gulf on calm days maybe for some deep fishing.
The only boat so far that I found was a seahunt escape 180/220 dual
console. I did run into a 1987 Bayliner with cuddy with a 1997 Suzuki
150 outboard. The bayliner is rough but it floats. The motor has
minor rust spots but the owner says it runs well. Current asking price
is 4500. What would it take if I bought the boat and switched engines.
Can you do that yourself?

Thanks for all the information in advance.

Mike

Capt John

NavMike wrote:
[...]

Mike, before you jump into a boat it's always a good idea to check out
prices first. Take a look at some internet sites like
www.yachtworld.com, or Boat trader or even Ebay.

John