Default Truce Y'all

On Wed, 15 Jul 2009 00:19:40 -0400, Captain Marvel of Woodstock
wrote:

On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 22:02:56 -0600, "SteveB"
wrote:

"Wizard of Woodstock" wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 18:46:33 -0700 (PDT), Frogwatch
wrote:

Harry seems to be gone and with him not posting political BS, I dont
feel I should counter his nonsense with mine. This goes for all of us
I hope. So, Truce?

Why not - I'm in.

I will not post any more political BS if y'all dont. B'sides, it's
getting boring. It is mid-summer, somebody must be boating.

Yeppers.

In order to agree to a truce, one must be a participant in the conflict. I
don't fit that, but have to admit I have made comments.

So, yeah, truce. Lets talk about boats. A hell of a lot more interesting
and a lot more fun. And seeing as a lot of us may be living on our boats
soon, we need to start a recipe file, too.

Take two aluminum throw away baking pans and fill the bottom one half
way with dry pine needles.

Put shell fish on the needles and punch holes in the top and bottom of
the pan.

Put directly over a charcaol fire (gas works too). Expect many of the
pine needles to burn during the cooking process.

After the shell fish opens, let it cook for a short while and then
serve and eat.

The shellfish takes on a most unique smokey taste that is wonderful.

I don't like clams, but I've done a lobster this way after par
boiling.

I've also had a variation of this with slightly moist pine needles.

What do you use to separate your lips when the creosote dries up?
Nail polish remover or lacquer thinner?

--Vic

wrote:

[...]

Um...never had that problem. It's kind of like smoking with wood,
only different.

Nail polish remover or lacquer thinner?

Well, I suppose if you are into painting your lips with oil paint.

On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 21:46:27 -0700 (PDT), Scott Dickson
wrote:

wrote:
Harry seems to be gone and with him not posting political BS, I dont
feel I should counter his nonsense with mine. *This goes for all of us
I hope. *So, Truce?

Why not - I'm in.

I will not post any more political BS if y'all dont. *B'sides, it's
getting boring. *It is mid-summer, somebody must be boating.

Yeppers.

I went out Saturday and had a blast with the niece and great-nephews.
I plan on going several times more this years if fuel stays low.

Fuel here has dropped to 81 cents per litre...great for filling up the
boat!

Here in good old CT, it's went up four cents yesterday.

I love living in CT.

wrote:
Harry seems to be gone and with him not posting political BS, I dont
feel I should counter his nonsense with mine. This goes for all of us
I hope. So, Truce?
Why not - I'm in.
I will not post any more political BS if y'all dont. B'sides, it's
getting boring. It is mid-summer, somebody must be boating.
Yeppers.
I went out Saturday and had a blast with the niece and great-nephews.
I plan on going several times more this years if fuel stays low.

Fuel here has dropped to 81 cents per litre...great for filling up the
boat!

Here in good old CT, it's went up four cents yesterday.

I love living in CT.

So, why don't you move? Weren't you planning to move to South Carolina?

On Wed, 15 Jul 2009 06:59:17 -0400, Captain Zombie of Woodstock
wrote:

Um...never had that problem. It's kind of like smoking with wood,
only different.

A lame attempt at humor on my part. I always think of turps or resin
when pine gets close to my mouth.
Even though your recipe sounds good, I just can't my mind around it.
Yet.

--Vic

wrote:

Um...never had that problem. It's kind of like smoking with wood,
only different.

A lame attempt at humor on my part. I always think of turps or resin
when pine gets close to my mouth.
Even though your recipe sounds good, I just can't my mind around it.
Yet.

I gotta tell you, I felt the same way when I first heard of it, but
when I actually got to taste one - it was pretty good.

wrote:

Um...never had that problem. It's kind of like smoking with wood,
only different.

A lame attempt at humor on my part. I always think of turps or resin
when pine gets close to my mouth.
Even though your recipe sounds good, I just can't my mind around it.
Yet.

I gotta tell you, I felt the same way when I first heard of it, but
when I actually got to taste one - it was pretty good.

Real men eat pine nuts.
Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Cracker Barrel used to have a baked potato coated in pine resin. Lots
of people liked it, so I ordered it.

I will say that it was good, different and well.... good.

the waitress came by and said , how was your potato? I said, it was
really good but the skin was a bit tough, but I finally got it.

She said "Sir!You're not supposed to eat the skin!"

I have noticed that they've taken it off their menu. Probably got
sued.

Tim wrote:

Cracker Barrel used to have a baked potato coated in pine resin. Lots
of people liked it, so I ordered it.

I will say that it was good, different and well.... good.

the waitress came by and said , how was your potato? I said, it was
really good but the skin was a bit tough, but I finally got it.

She said "Sir!You're not supposed to eat the skin!"

I have noticed that they've taken it off their menu. Probably got
sued.

Cracker Barrel...our alternative to Waffle House when rolling down I-95...

There's so much really bad food offered at the "just off the Interstate"
restaurants, it's really nice to come across a Cracker Barrel at dinner
time.

Many years ago, soon after you crossed into South Carolina (I think it
was SC) heading south, there was an enclave of shops and restaurants on
the east side of the highway, the biggest being a well-advertised place
that sold cigars. I don't remember the name of that enterprise. Anyway,
there was a Nathan's hot dog restaurant there, serving up real deal
Kosher dogs with all the trimmings, hand-made french fries, and high
quality, icy cold lemonade. We probably stopped there a half dozen times
in our various trips to north Florida and back. Alas, I noticed a few
years ago it was gone, replaced by some bloody awful fast food chain.

If you want to find a microcosm of "what is wrong with America," look at
the just terrible food available along the interstates. There are a
couple of exceptions, such as Waffle House and Cracker Barrel, but
generally...what's offered is just the worst of the worst.

On Wed, 15 Jul 2009 08:53:16 -0400, H the K
wrote:

If you want to find a microcosm of "what is wrong with America," look at
the just terrible food available along the interstates. There are a
couple of exceptions, such as Waffle House and Cracker Barrel, but
generally...what's offered is just the worst of the worst.

Probably more to do with cheap, fast food and consistency than
anything else. Franchising those qualities drove the rest out.
Cracker Barrel and Waffle house don't fit the fast food mold, but
have the consistency.
That Nathans was an exceptional stop.
Imagine going through the Carolinas before franchising, and eating
hit or miss. Without local knowledge you don't know what crap
you'll be fed.
That's why we always brought a cooler and made up our own food
back in the day.

--Vic

WOW did y'all see this? Gwen Ives Cruising 1 February 22nd 09 01:24 AM
truce [email protected] General 30 August 11th 08 09:29 PM
There y'all go .... Vito ASA 0 May 8th 06 07:01 PM
Y'all have fun... JohnH General 1 January 1st 06 01:26 AM
Y'all have fun... Reggie Smithers General 0 December 31st 05 02:02 PM