HK HK is offline

Default It's that Dick, Cheney, again.

July 12, 2009
Cheney Is Linked to Concealment of C.I.A. Project
By SCOTT SHANE
NY Times

The Central Intelligence Agency withheld information about a secret
counterterrorism program from Congress for eight years on direct orders
from former Vice President Dick Cheney, the agency’s director, Leon E.
Panetta, has told the Senate and House intelligence committees, two
people with direct knowledge of the matter said Saturday.

The report that Mr. Cheney was behind the decision to conceal the
still-unidentified program from Congress deepened the mystery
surrounding it, suggesting that the Bush administration had put a high
priority on the program and its secrecy.

Mr. Panetta, who ended the program when he first learned of its
existence from subordinates on June 23, briefed the two intelligence
committees about it in separate closed sessions the next day.

Efforts to reach Mr. Cheney through relatives and associates were
unsuccessful.

The question of how completely the C.I.A. informed Congress about
sensitive programs has been hotly disputed by Democrats and Republicans
since May, when Speaker Nancy Pelosi accused the agency of failing to
reveal in 2002 that it was waterboarding a terrorism suspect, a claim
Mr. Panetta rejected.

The law requires the president to make sure the intelligence committees
“are kept fully and currently informed of the intelligence activities of
the United States, including any significant anticipated intelligence
activity.” But the language of the statute, the amended National
Security Act of 1947, leaves some leeway for judgment, saying such
briefings should be done “to the extent consistent with due regard for
the protection from unauthorized disclosure of classified information
relating to sensitive intelligence sources and methods or other
exceptionally sensitive matters.”

"HK" wrote in message
July 12, 2009
Cheney Is Linked to Concealment of C.I.A. Project
By SCOTT SHANE
NY Times

38 lines more or less. Much better. You are learning.

Eisboch

On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 18:35:46 -0400, HK wrote:

July 12, 2009
Cheney Is Linked to Concealment of C.I.A. Project
By SCOTT SHANE
NY Times

"And we've wondered aloud how this Democratic VP's private meetings
with unnamed people on unnamed subjects differs from the private
meetings with unnamed people that his evil predecessor had that got so
many Democratic senators and representatives worried about nefarious
secrets."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/wash...-update-1.html

On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 20:26:30 -0400, Yogi of Woodstock wrote:

"And we've wondered aloud how this Democratic VP's private meetings with
unnamed people on unnamed subjects differs from the private meetings
with unnamed people that his evil predecessor had that got so many
Democratic senators and representatives worried about nefarious
secrets."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/wash.../07/joe-biden-

update-1.html

Slightly different that developing a national energy policy in complete
secrecy, don't you think?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_Task_Force
HK HK is offline

thunder wrote:
On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 20:26:30 -0400, Yogi of Woodstock wrote:

"And we've wondered aloud how this Democratic VP's private meetings with
unnamed people on unnamed subjects differs from the private meetings
with unnamed people that his evil predecessor had that got so many
Democratic senators and representatives worried about nefarious
secrets."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/wash.../07/joe-biden-

update-1.html

Slightly different that developing a national energy policy in complete
secrecy, don't you think?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_Task_Force

Not to SW Tom and the rest of the rightwing nuts.

On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 21:15:53 -0500, thunder
wrote:

On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 20:26:30 -0400, Yogi of Woodstock wrote:

"And we've wondered aloud how this Democratic VP's private meetings with
unnamed people on unnamed subjects differs from the private meetings
with unnamed people that his evil predecessor had that got so many
Democratic senators and representatives worried about nefarious
secrets."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/wash.../07/joe-biden-

update-1.html

Slightly different that developing a national energy policy in complete
secrecy, don't you think?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_Task_Force

Nah...you don't know what's being discussed do you?

Joe Biden: I'm Not Constantly Having Private Meetings With Lobbyists
and Special Interests and Favor-Seekers Like My Corrupt Predecessors
Did; I Am Merely Having Meetings With Them Which Are Closed to the
Press and Whose Attendance Lists Are Secret, That's All

Could be anything - including energy.

You know - like Carol Browner using the Sergeant Schultz defense?

I know nothing - I see nothing.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/op...-50260677.html

HK HK is offline

Yogi of Woodstock wrote:

I know nothing - I see nothing.

Yeah, that's pretty much you.
jps jps is offline

wrote:

[...]

I'm sure Biden is right now directing the Pentagon to develop plans to
wrest control of Iraq from Saddam so we can have their oil and build a
pipeline.

Or, directing the CIA on black ops assassination crews while directing
same to keep news of the program secret from congress, which is
against the law.

Dick Cheney simply knows jps General 0 May 13th 09 07:30 AM
Dick Cheney shoots buddy - for real. JohnH General 21 February 14th 06 03:56 PM
Dick Cheney shoots buddy - for real. Lloyd Sumpter General 0 February 14th 06 03:21 PM
Dick Cheney shoots buddy - for real. John Chaplain General 2 February 13th 06 07:57 PM
Is Dick Cheney... Capt. Matt General 16 September 8th 05 10:46 PM