JohnH

Default Dick Cheney shoots buddy - for real.

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 07:51:48 -0800, Tamaroak wrote:

And this guy has access to other weapons, large ones like nukes? If that
isn't a scary thought.

What a careless idiot.

Capt. Jeff

Ever hunted any quail? Thought not.
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
Reggie Smithers

JohnH wrote:
On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 07:51:48 -0800, Tamaroak wrote:

And this guy has access to other weapons, large ones like nukes? If that
isn't a scary thought.

What a careless idiot.

Capt. Jeff

Ever hunted any quail? Thought not.
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

JohnH,
I have not hunted quail, but if this is a common occurrence, I think I
will pass.

--
Reggie
That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Doug Kanter

"Tamaroak" wrote in message
. ..
And this guy has access to other weapons, large ones like nukes? If that
isn't a scary thought.

What a careless idiot.

Capt. Jeff

Indeed. Here (upstate NY), there are about a dozen accidental shootings by
hunters each year. The star of the show back in November was a guy who shot
himself in the knee with a 12 guage while loading his deer into the back of
his truck. Read the DEC's safety recommendations and it's clear the idiot
broke at least 3 of them. Don't climb or do other clumsy things while
carrying a loaded gun, for instance.

Hell...it sounds like my kid is safer with guns than Cheney and his pals.

Speaking of nukes, I'm reading a book called "Veil: Secret Wars of the CIA".
It's focused on the beginning of Reagan's first term, and William Casey's
experiences as CIA director. Interesting tidbit: When Reagan was shot, his
clothing and wallet were taken by the FBI as evidence. Against objections by
Reagan's staff & secret service, the FBI also took the card presidents
carry, containing the codes they'd need to use if they had to launch
missiles from a location other than a gov't facility. The card was out of
his control for "quite some time", as the book described. Scary.

Bill Kearney

What a careless idiot.

Yeah, the guy that walked up on a shooter actively tracking game.
FishWisher

Reading the story will reveal that the shoot-ee was at fault, going
within the firing range in tall grass and not warning anyone that he
had moved. It was not Cheney's fault. But that doesn't matter, does it?!

Doug Kanter

"FishWisher" wrote in message
oups.com...
Reading the story will reveal that the shoot-ee was at fault, going
within the firing range in tall grass and not warning anyone that he
had moved. It was not Cheney's fault. But that doesn't matter, does it?!

Of course it doesn't matter. Once you're a big-time pol or movie star, you
agree to get hit in the face with pies constantly. Everybody knows that.

On the other hand, shooters, whether hunters or target, are responsible for
knowing what's down range.

Those *******s must have been drunk. As anyone who was taught to hunt
knows, it's a load of crap to try to say that the guy who goofball
cheney shot, screwed up by not announcing his presence as he walked up
- 30 yards away. Hunters are responsible for looking before they shoot
and for being aware of what's going on around them.

This is more proof that Cheney is incompentent -he has no business in
the field with a shotgun, nor does he have any business in the white
house. He has the blood of thousands dripping from his hands, and this
is just one more.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/02/13/D8FOA8TOD.html

thunder

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 10:41:53 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

FishWisher wrote:
Reading the story will reveal that the shoot-ee was at fault, going
within the firing range in tall grass and not warning anyone that he had
moved. It was not Cheney's fault. But that doesn't matter, does it?!

Anyone with a loaded gun in his or her hand is responsible for what
happens when that gun is discharged. It is absolutely amazing that no
matter *what* Cheney or Bush do wrong, millions will line up to give them
a pass.

Amazing, and scary.

Doug Kanter

FishWisher wrote:
Reading the story will reveal that the shoot-ee was at fault, going
within the firing range in tall grass and not warning anyone that he had
moved. It was not Cheney's fault. But that doesn't matter, does it?!

Anyone with a loaded gun in his or her hand is responsible for what
happens when that gun is discharged. It is absolutely amazing that no
matter *what* Cheney or Bush do wrong, millions will line up to give them
a pass.

Amazing, and scary.

What's interesting is that he could've held a quick press conference, been
honest and said "My hunting companion and I broke a couple of the most
important rules of hunting safety. I think we were both a bit preoccupied
with business. We've decided that in the future, we'll be accompanied by a
professional guide, just for safety reasons. If I'd been the one who was
shot, the secret service might've reacted in a way that would've turned out
much worse for the companion who pulled the trigger. What we did was
inexcusable."

Poof! Situation defused.