Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Florida underground

My kids have gotten me into caving again. FINALLY, I have gotten them
into getting their own gear ready and my 13 yr old daughter and 23 yr
old daughter spent an hour or so getting lights, helmets, and other
gear ready and had a good time doing it. 23 yr old is bringing her bf
who has been before and his 9 yr old brother who has not, exhausting
our supply of electric lights so I am going back to the old days of
using a carbide lamp. The awful smell of acetylene made from the
calcium carbide sure brings back memories, a good smell to an older
caver. The ritual of lighting the carbide lamp was instinctive
leading to the nice POP as she burst into light. Made sure we all
have at least 3 sources of light, trash bags (can save your life) and
other stuff.
Going to go to a cave I've been in dozens of times near Marianna, FL.
Its a nice muddy cave with lots of drippy formations and a couple of
nice climbs and lots of muddy crawling.
Yes, I 'd like to go boating but the lure of dark unknown passages is
too strong and the boots just feel right. I just wish my 19 yr old son
was interested.

Florida Map [email protected] General 0 February 10th 09 01:39 PM
Ping: Wayne B (or other SW Florida to Florida Keys veterans) NOYB General 2 February 5th 07 08:32 PM
Florida?? E.J COVE ASA 3 September 10th 04 01:45 AM
OT-More fun for Florida John Cairns ASA 0 September 6th 04 12:09 AM
Powerboat Schools in South Florida? -- Has anyone used SW Florida Yachts? Richard Kaplan Cruising 2 February 17th 04 04:16 PM