Default I just don't know how Harry's father did it all.

Let's see.
He had the largest Marina in the northeast.
He chummed around with Ole Evinrude he was so successful.
He was a grand seaman, even taking a runabout on a trans-Atlantic
journey
He got a fireboat welcome in NYC for that effort.
He sailed sailboats
He made sure his son took practice tests for schoolwork (perhaps he
thought little Harry couldn't pass without practicing?)
He was a very accomplished musician
He worked on organs
He worked on large pipe organs
He made home made boats
He was an accomplished artist

I wonder what he done in his spare time? It certainly wasn't used to
raise and nurture an honest, independent trustworthy son.

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 11:32:22 -0700 (PDT), Loogypicker
wrote:

You know, not to defend Harry, but it wouldn't surprise me that his
father was an accomplished man.

My Dad was very accomplished and very well rounded - he was a writer,
journalist, editor of the business section of the Hearst newspapers
out of Boston, sculptor/artist, he actually built a couple of boats
when I was very little, ran a small nursery for a number of years,
commanded a DE during WWII in both theaters, was active in civic
affairs including a couple of part-time terms as Selectman in
Marblehead and served on various boards and commissions for town,
region and state. He was personal friends with some movers and shakers
- when he passed on, his wake was a parade of power and authority.
Active tennis player, active skier, loved to surf fish and was fairly
handy with hand tools.

And I never knew half of it until he died - he was just my Dad. :)

They were a different generation than us in a lot of ways.

wrote:

[...]

....and the cat's in the cradle with a silver spoon... Selfish breeds
selfish..
HK HK is offline

JustWaitAFrekinMinute! wrote:

...and the cat's in the cradle with a silver spoon... Selfish breeds
selfish..

And in your case, stupid and unaccomplished breeds...well, stupid and
unaccomplished.

On Jun 22, 4:42*pm, HK wrote:
JustWaitAFrekinMinute! wrote:
...and the cat's in the cradle with a silver spoon... Selfish breeds
selfish..

And in your case, stupid and unaccomplished breeds...well, stupid and
unaccomplished.

pffftttt... My daughters real Masters beats your fake diploma or fake
Dr. Dr. anytime...

By the way for those interested. The Mouse is currently 6th of 17 in
her division of Motocross Racing....

Rowdy Mouse Racing, we race for cheese!

On Jun 22, 4:42 pm, HK wrote:
JustWaitAFrekinMinute! wrote:
...and the cat's in the cradle with a silver spoon... Selfish breeds
selfish..

And in your case, stupid and unaccomplished breeds...well, stupid and
unaccomplished.

pffftttt... My daughters real Masters beats your fake diploma or fake
Dr. Dr. anytime...

By the way for those interested. The Mouse is currently 6th of 17 in
her division of Motocross Racing....

Rowdy Mouse Racing, we race for cheese!

I'm not talking about your kids, dummy, but, obviously, if a kid of
yours has accomplished something academically, it is because of her
mother, not you, mr. socially promoted.
jps jps is offline

wrote:

[...]

Loogy must have lacked the role model we were lucky enough to have.

jps wrote:
On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 15:54:59 -0400, Wizard of Woodstock

And I never knew half of it until he died - he was just my Dad. :)

They were a different generation than us in a lot of ways.

Loogy must have lacked the role model we were lucky enough to have.

There is a reason why Brokaw called out parents generation "The Greatest
Generation". That said, if someone has a history of fabricating
stories in an effort to belittle others, (e the Dr. Dr. Story, where he
made up a MD degree for his wife so he could use her MD degree to
diagnose rec.boats regulars' mental problems) just to boost up his weak
self esteem, the odds are that most of Harry's dad stories are nothing
more than stories.

If you want to know which stories are true, they are the ones Harry
immediately scans and posts photos or proof and/or wants to make a
wager. I would guess that Harry never lived up to his father's
expectations, and that is the reason why he lives a Walter Mitty life.

--
Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq.

This Newsgroup post is a natural product. The slight variations in
spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in
no way are to be considered flaws or defects

On Jun 22, 5:15*pm, "Reginald P Smithers III, Esq."
wrote:
jps wrote:
[...]

A hearty thanks for the laughs, everyone.

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 17:15:13 -0400, "Reginald P Smithers III, Esq."
wrote:

If you want to know which stories are true, they are the ones Harry
immediately scans and posts photos or proof and/or wants to make a
wager.

You mean like the Parker rendezvous?

Father Christmas... Short Wave Sportfishing General 3 December 25th 07 08:15 PM
for father christmas -rick- General 0 December 23rd 06 07:02 AM
Foster father of GPS [email protected] General 13 March 5th 05 02:02 PM
FATHER NEEDS YOUR PRAYERS! CatherinesTea Cruising 2 August 3rd 03 05:24 AM