jps jps is offline

Default I just don't know how Harry's father did it all.

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 15:54:59 -0400, Wizard of Woodstock
wrote:

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 11:32:22 -0700 (PDT), Loogypicker
wrote:

You know, not to defend Harry, but it wouldn't surprise me that his
father was an accomplished man.

My Dad was very accomplished and very well rounded - he was a writer,
journalist, editor of the business section of the Hearst newspapers
out of Boston, sculptor/artist, he actually built a couple of boats
when I was very little, ran a small nursery for a number of years,
commanded a DE during WWII in both theaters, was active in civic
affairs including a couple of part-time terms as Selectman in
Marblehead and served on various boards and commissions for town,
region and state. He was personal friends with some movers and shakers
- when he passed on, his wake was a parade of power and authority.
Active tennis player, active skier, loved to surf fish and was fairly
handy with hand tools.

And I never knew half of it until he died - he was just my Dad. :)

They were a different generation than us in a lot of ways.

Loogy must have lacked the role model we were lucky enough to have.