Default Cash for clunkers, hmmmmm

On Jun 20, 3:30*pm, wrote:
On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 15:21:29 -0400, "mmc" wrote:
It is clear this is budgeted as part of the auto bailout so it really
doesn't matter how you cash it in as long as a clunker is off the road
and you buy a new car. The real question is whether this will be a
"buy American" bill by the time it finally gets out of the House.
It doesn't help Detroit much if everyone buys an import.

If this does survive in it's present form I think old "Brownie" (1985
F150) may go down the road.
A new F150 would qualify for the $4500 (greater than a 5MPG delta).
That is about $3500 more than I could get for it in any reasonable
deal.

I agree 100% with what you're saying about "buy American". Since it's DC
(both parties) that have let the rest of the world slide when it comes to
fair trade what're the odds that they'll do what's right for America this
time?

This was passed by the house and senate, sent to the White House.
There is no "buy American" clause.

I believe it is a foolish program that is nothing more than a way of
bribing the UAW. However, if I can figure out a way to take advantage
of it ethically or not, I will because it is unethical in itself and
IT IS MY MONEY.
I did not publicly advocate anything about the Iraq war because I was
never a military man so I believe this disqualifies me from advocating
military action beforehand. Afterward, I will back it and did so. I
do not expect other people to abide by my reasoning on this as far as

"Katie Ohara" wrote in message
On Jun 20, 3:30 pm, wrote:
[...]

--------
Next time you vote, check out if the senator or congress person voted on the
mater. Most sitting today would not get your vote. Even if they didn't
vote per say on it, are they squealing at the administrations
misappropriation of TARP and other funds?

None of them have the balls to stand up to Obama. Time to turf them all
into unemployment I say.

MMC MMC is offline

On Jun 20, 3:30 pm, wrote:
[...]

_________

I guess the part about the Iraq war is because of old arguments?
Since you want to open that can, I (as a former military man) didn't
question our leaders when they convinced America that Saddam was a threat.
I, as a long term contractor for the USG, went where I was told to and
performed my job. I came back on a stretcher.
My injuries changed my life and those of my family. I am in pain everyday
and will never be able to do field work again. I really enjoyed what I did.
See, unlike all of those whose idea of "heeding the call" is to past a cheap
chinese ribbon sticker on the back of moms van, my family and I have
actually made sacrifices.
The only benefits of not being able to walk for 6 months, is you have a lot
of time on your hands to watch the news, read books and newspapers- in fact
all you've got is time.All that reading and news can cause a person to
question the reasons for all those kids killed or maimed in that war, as
well as the reason you're on your back. Another thing it causes a person to
question is why stick with a group that is only interested in using the
individual for thier own gain?
Glad I don't "have" to abide by your reasoning. The only ones I'll count
who'll stand and yell "fight, fight, fight" are those that are willing to do
so themselves. If those were the votes that counted, a lot more thinking
would go into commiting our troops. I'm not talking about a photo op with
the troops. Those a hugely self promoting bull****.
Wars are ugly. It's nothing like the movies. If we can't trust our leaders
to exercise every other possible option prior to commiting troops, then we
can't trust them at all. This is the most important decision any
administration makes. Anyone who thinks differently, just hasn't got a
****ing clue.

wrote in message
[...]

That would be unfair trade.

Can a Canadian get that deal if we shop USA? Drive down a beater?

*CASH*CASH*CASH* NeoTycoon General 1 January 16th 05 03:05 PM
*CASH*CASH*CASH* [email protected] Cruising 0 January 16th 05 07:12 AM
*CASH*CASH*CASH* NeoOne General 0 January 3rd 05 11:57 PM
want some extra cash, try this [email protected] Cruising 2 January 2nd 05 09:13 PM
want some extra cash, try this [email protected] Cruising 0 January 1st 05 04:42 PM