Default Cash for clunkers, hmmmmm

The old 1988 Dodge Ramcharger with some undetermined number of miles
on it gets roughly 12 mpg in town. It has not been running for a
couple of months but it has a new tag and is currently insured. Cash
for clunkers program says I can get $4500 for it. If the Obama wants
to throw money in the air, I wanna catch some cuz it'll make em go
bankrupt faster. Problem is, I do not want to buy a new car for my
son because of cost of insurance. So, is the program limited to
buying only a 2009 vehicle? There are a lot of $4500 vehicles out
there that run better than the Old Dodge.
Maybe I'll hold out for them to declare that my old Dodge to be worth
even more than $4500.
Even better, my neighbor needs a new truck but his old Jeep is worth
more than $4500. I could sell him the Dodge for $1 and he could sell
his Jeep for what it is worth and then use my Dodge as a trade for the
$4500 and then give me $2000 (more'n the Dodge is worth). I could
take the $2000 and buy a better truck than the Dodge for about $1500
and come out ahead $500.

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 14:26:45 -0700 (PDT), Frogwatch
wrote:

[...]

I read elsewhere that it's full of gotchas.
You won't get anywhere near $4500.
Maybe $300 from the gov. But the dealer will add $500.
So you're going to lose $200 for trying to suck gov teat.

--Vic
jps jps is offline

wrote:

The old 1988 Dodge Ramcharger with some undetermined number of miles
on it gets roughly 12 mpg in town. It has not been running for a
couple of months but it has a new tag and is currently insured. Cash
for clunkers program says I can get $4500 for it. If the Obama wants
to throw money in the air, I wanna catch some cuz it'll make em go
bankrupt faster.

There's a patriot for you...

wrote:

The old 1988 Dodge Ramcharger with some undetermined number of miles
on it gets roughly 12 mpg in town. It has not been running for a
couple of months but it has a new tag and is currently insured. Cash
for clunkers program says I can get $4500 for it. If the Obama wants
to throw money in the air, I wanna catch some cuz it'll make em go
bankrupt faster.

There's a patriot for you...

Hard to believe that some want the United States of America bankrupt.
That would leave us almost defenseless against the terrorists.
Just small arms and maybe some artillery from the Nat Guard armories.
But Froggys's plan won't work anyway.
Gov can't go bankrupt until all the folks money is taxed away.
We ain't even close to that.
Wife just asked if I wanted a sandwich.
French bread, Krakus ham, cheddar cheese, tomato, lettuce, mayo, fresh
oregano from the garden.
Got plenty of food in the house, and a full tank of gas in the car.
Besides that, got a 1/2 tank of gas in the other car, and at least
1/2 tank of gas in the other car.
So I can make a food run when I need it.
Life is good. While it lasts.
I'm a glass half-full guy.

--Vic
jps jps is offline

wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the thoughts.

I assume that Bush and Cheney wanted it bankrupt.

I've got nearly a full tank in my car and the wife does too. We buy
our gas at Costco now with their Amex card to give us a few pennies
off. Driving to bum**** this weekend for soccer tournament so that
gas will be gone.

I haven't had lunch yet and I'm starving. Trying not to buy fast food
so we can afford more important things. Last day of school for the
kids so we bought them a couple of presents for graduation.

Looking forward to Father's Day breakfast and hanging with my dad in
the evening.

Life is good. I hope I can continue to afford it.

wrote:

[...]

The Obamanation administration will continue to print the money. You
don't think it's sitting in some account do you?

wrote:

[...]

I know it will not bankrupt them but I know they are doing this and I
figure that it is my money so I want it. It is like figuring ways to
pay less taxes. Right now I figger paying less tax is patriotic.

wrote:

[...]

I keep forgetting to ID myself on Katies computer.

THIS IS THE MIGHTY FROGWATCH
There.

Actually, I think it would be a shame to shred the old Dodge, its a
great tow vehicle for something heavy. Has tow package for a big
trailer. I said this to my wife and son and they groaned looking like
"Not again with the ancient trucks".

wrote:

[...]

What are you, an accountant?
I was talking about a good sandwich and gas in the cars.
Not about accounting.
Maybe there's some accountants here that will talk about that.
Don, are you an accountant? Reggie, how about you?
Duck? Tim?

--Vic
jps jps is offline

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 18:10:10 -0700 (PDT), Katie Ohara
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

You have it bass ackwards as usual.

*CASH*CASH*CASH* NeoTycoon General 1 January 16th 05 03:05 PM
*CASH*CASH*CASH* [email protected] Cruising 0 January 16th 05 07:12 AM
*CASH*CASH*CASH* NeoOne General 0 January 3rd 05 11:57 PM
want some extra cash, try this [email protected] Cruising 2 January 2nd 05 09:13 PM
want some extra cash, try this [email protected] Cruising 0 January 1st 05 04:42 PM