Default to John H (nobody else peek)

Opa the Greek translation:

Oh my god, the cheeze is on fire.

We had a wonderful meal at Hella's in Tarpon Springs last night to
celebrate our 36th.

I heard someone shout out "opa" several times during the meal. It seems
like it's a greek tradition to shout out "opa" when a platter of flaming
cheeze arrives at the dinner table.

jim7856 wrote:
Opa the Greek translation:

Oh my god, the cheeze is on fire.

We had a wonderful meal at Hella's in Tarpon Springs last night to
celebrate our 36th.

I heard someone shout out "opa" several times during the meal. It seems
like it's a greek tradition to shout out "opa" when a platter of flaming
cheeze arrives at the dinner table.

Ok, I admit it, I peeked, but OPA does not mean the cheese is on fire,
it means "HELL YEAH" and then after you scream "OPA" it is a signal to
the waitress that your glass is empty and it is time to fill it back up
with OUZO.

They cut you off from any more OUZO when you fall into the plater of
flaming cheese.

Sheesh, you need to get your Greek correct.

--
Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq.

This Newsgroup post is a natural product. The slight variations in
spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in
no way are to be considered flaws or defects

On May 26, 7:22*am, jim7856 wrote:
Opa the Greek translation:

Oh my god, the cheeze is on fire.

We had a wonderful meal at Hella's in Tarpon Springs last night to
celebrate our 36th.

I heard someone shout out "opa" several times during the meal. It seems
like it's a greek tradition to shout out "opa" when a platter of flaming
cheeze arrives at the dinner table.

Hella's has some damned fine food, I know that!

On Tue, 26 May 2009 07:54:30 -0400, "Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq."
wrote:

They cut you off from any more OUZO when you fall into the plater of
flaming cheese.

Er....

jim7856 wrote:
Opa the Greek translation:

Oh my god, the cheeze is on fire.

We had a wonderful meal at Hella's in Tarpon Springs last night to
celebrate our 36th.

I heard someone shout out "opa" several times during the meal. It
seems like it's a greek tradition to shout out "opa" when a platter of
flaming cheeze arrives at the dinner table.

Ok, I admit it, I peeked, but OPA does not mean the cheese is on fire,
it means "HELL YEAH" and then after you scream "OPA" it is a signal to
the waitress that your glass is empty and it is time to fill it back up
with OUZO.

They cut you off from any more OUZO when you fall into the plater of
flaming cheese.

Sheesh, you need to get your Greek correct.

Actually when I asked the waitress she said it meant something like
"hooray" Wicki had a few translations as well.

Now here's what happens next:
Donny will correct your "plater" then Harry will chime in with his story
on how he was a sponge diver one summer during school vacation. Then the
choir will chime in with a chorus of liar liar pants on fire.

On Tue, 26 May 2009 07:22:27 -0400, jim7856 wrote:

Opa the Greek translation:

Oh my god, the cheeze is on fire.

We had a wonderful meal at Hella's in Tarpon Springs last night to
celebrate our 36th.

I heard someone shout out "opa" several times during the meal. It seems
like it's a greek tradition to shout out "opa" when a platter of flaming
cheeze arrives at the dinner table.

It's a Dutch tradition for kids to shout out 'Opa' when an old, ugly,
almost decrepit asshole enters the room - provided the old guy is
their grandfather! :)
--

John H

On Tue, 26 May 2009 10:05:01 -0400, jim7856 wrote:

John H wrote:
On Tue, 26 May 2009 07:22:27 -0400, jim7856 wrote:

Opa the Greek translation:

Oh my god, the cheeze is on fire.

We had a wonderful meal at Hella's in Tarpon Springs last night to
celebrate our 36th.

I heard someone shout out "opa" several times during the meal. It seems
like it's a greek tradition to shout out "opa" when a platter of flaming
cheeze arrives at the dinner table.

It's a Dutch tradition for kids to shout out 'Opa' when an old, ugly,
almost decrepit asshole enters the room - provided the old guy is
their grandfather! :)
--

John H

German too.

They stole the idea.
--

John H

Hey John BAR[_2_] General 38 April 28th 09 01:37 PM
peek inside Iran Don White General 28 April 3rd 08 01:20 PM
Hey John! Capt. JG ASA 0 November 11th 05 08:33 AM
(OT) Vietnam Veterans Against John Kerry (Sorry John H) Jim General 18 March 31st 04 06:35 PM
(OT) Gift for John H, NOYB, John Gaguin and other right wingers Jim General 1 March 10th 04 05:09 AM