Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq.[_6_] Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq.[_6_] is offline

Default to John H (nobody else peek)

jim7856 wrote:
Opa the Greek translation:

Oh my god, the cheeze is on fire.

We had a wonderful meal at Hella's in Tarpon Springs last night to
celebrate our 36th.

I heard someone shout out "opa" several times during the meal. It seems
like it's a greek tradition to shout out "opa" when a platter of flaming
cheeze arrives at the dinner table.

Ok, I admit it, I peeked, but OPA does not mean the cheese is on fire,
it means "HELL YEAH" and then after you scream "OPA" it is a signal to
the waitress that your glass is empty and it is time to fill it back up
with OUZO.

They cut you off from any more OUZO when you fall into the plater of
flaming cheese.

Sheesh, you need to get your Greek correct.

--
Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq.

This Newsgroup post is a natural product. The slight variations in
spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in
no way are to be considered flaws or defects