BoatBanter.com

-   -   I blame Scot... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/106121-i-blame-scot.html)

DK May 23rd 09 01:20 AM

I blame Scot...

jim7856 wrote:
John H wrote:
On Thu, 21 May 2009 15:56:52 -0700, jps wrote:

On Thu, 21 May 2009 18:46:21 -0400, Wizard of Woodstock
wrote:

On Thu, 21 May 2009 12:59:15 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

What amazes me is that there's a good bet the steel used in the
chinese screwdrivers are of as good or better quality than the german
made ones! Just because an item is expensive doesn't make it good.
I've actually been to the plant in S.C. where Craftman cordless tools
were being made. When it comes time to put the guts into the case, the
line divides in two. Why? Because one side gets Craftman cases, the
other, Ryobi! Same EXACT tools otherwise! SO, now I go to Home Depot
and buy Ryobi cordless tools. They work great. Almost as good as if
I'd bought Craftman for twice as much!
The guys down at Foskett Equipment had to buy a small leveling table
and a leveling vice so they put out a bid and bought a table and vice
from an American source - I don't remember which one at the moment,
(might have been Waldron/Stevens) but when they arrived, the surface
was pitted and definetly unlevel by a significant margin of error in
both the table and vice.

They went to Northern Supply and looked at the same two pieces made in
China - perfect surface, perfectly level and high quality at half the
price.

Go figure. :)
Tell that to the folks in Florida whose houses are deteriorating from
the sulfur-filled Chinese sheetrock or the parents of kids who've been
sucking on lead paint toys or dog owners whose pets were poisoned by
Chinese product.

Go to walmart, buy their ****, put your own country out of business.

Look in your own back yard:

jps started the day early having set his alarm clock
(MADE IN JAPAN)
for 6am.
While his coffeepot
(MADE IN CHINA)
was perking, he shaved with his electric razor
(MADE IN HONG KONG)
He put on a dress shirt
(MADE IN SRI LANKA),
designer jeans
(MADE IN SINGAPORE)
and tennis shoes
(MADE IN KOREA)
After cooking his breakfast in his new electric skillet
(MADE IN INDIA)
he sat down with his
calculator
(MADE IN MEXICO)
to see how much he could spend today.
After setting his watch
(MADE IN TAIWAN)
to the radio
(MADE IN INDIA)
he got in his car
(MADE IN GERMANY)
filled it with GAS
(from Saudi Arabia)
and continued to berate those who shopped at Wal Mart.

At the end of yet another discouraging
and fruitless day checking his Computer
(Made In Malaysia),
jps decided to relax for a while.
He put on his sandals
(MADE IN BRAZIL)
poured himself a glass of wine
(MADE IN FRANCE)
and turned on his TV
(MADE IN INDONESIA),
and then wondered why people didn't BUY AMERICA!

--

John H

Harry and JPS. Two peas in a pod.

Two assholes spooning in a pod.

jps May 23rd 09 03:35 AM

I blame Scot...

On Fri, 22 May 2009 20:20:22 -0400, DK wrote:

wrote:

[...]

And you and John make such a nice couple. Dick and ****.

I buy American when possible. Our latest auto is a Honda Pilot,
which was manufactured in the US. I'm turning my BMW in this
September and considering what's next. Maybe a hybrid.

I NEVER shop at walmart, the official retailer of the RNC and
"Conservatives."

Calif Bill[_2_] May 23rd 09 05:46 AM

I blame Scot...

wrote:

[...]

Honda, assembled in America. Not manufactured in America.

jps May 23rd 09 07:22 AM

I blame Scot...

On Fri, 22 May 2009 21:46:19 -0700, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

I NEVER shop at walmart, the official retailer of the RNC and
"Conservatives."

Honda, assembled in America. Not manufactured in America.

I little research would help keep you from embarassing yourself...

LINCOLN, Ala. – The all-new, Alabama-built 2009 Honda Pilot arrives
at Honda dealerships nationwide today, marking the start of customer
sales of the innovative sport utility vehicle made only at Honda
Manufacturing of Alabama (HMA).

“Today, Honda customers can now share the pride that our 4,500
associates have in building and producing the 2009 Honda Pilot,” said
Mike Oatridge, vice president at Honda’s Alabama facility. “After
years of research, design and testing, the new Pilot is ready to meet
the challenge of our competition and exceed the expectations of Honda
customers.”

Honda’s Lincoln facility is the exclusive global production source of
both the Pilot and the Odyssey minivan. The Lincoln plant also
produces the V-6 engines for each vehicle. Exclusive production of
the 2009 Pilot began on April 15, 2008.

Another source:

Honda, the most fuel efficient car company in America, began
operations in the U.S. in 1959 with the establishment of American
Honda Motor Co., Inc., Honda's first overseas subsidiary. Honda now
employs more than 35,000 associates in North America. Honda currently
has 14 manufacturing plants in North America, producing automobiles,
light trucks, motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles, personal watercraft,
engines, transmissions and other components. Nearly 8 of 10 Honda and
Acura cars and light trucks sold in America are assembled in North
America as well. Many of these products are now designed and developed
at one of Honda's U.S. R&D centers. Honda annually purchases more than
$17 billion in parts and materials from suppliers in North America.

And another:

Honda also recognized 60 of its suppliers for their top performance
last year in the critical areas of quality, on-time parts delivery and
productivity improvements, including 12 in Ohio. With one triple and
10 double award recipients, Honda presented 72 awards to its North
American parts suppliers.

Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq.[_5_] May 23rd 09 11:30 AM

I blame Scot...

wrote:

[...]

But couldn't you find a US made screwdriver? ;)

--
Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq.

This Newsgroup post is a natural product. The slight variations in
spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in
no way are to be considered flaws or defects

[email protected] May 23rd 09 01:06 PM

I blame Scot...

wrote:

[...]

John H- Hide quoted text -

You forgot about his lunch. Pork from Mexico, vegetables from South
America, and fruits from Equador

I thought his favorite fruit came from Nova Scotia and drove a pink
Rav4.
--

John H- Hide quoted text -

Okay, you owe me a keyboard................!

Calif Bill[_2_] May 23rd 09 08:49 PM

I blame Scot...

wrote:

[...]

The parts come in and are assembled here. My wife's Toyota Venza states on
the window sticker, 80% manufactured outside the USA. The building of those
parts are not here. The assembling is.

Vic Smith May 23rd 09 09:20 PM

I blame Scot...

On Sat, 23 May 2009 12:49:54 -0700, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

The parts come in and are assembled here. My wife's Toyota Venza states on
the window sticker, 80% manufactured outside the USA. The building of those
parts are not here. The assembling is.

It's hard to get real source info since the Chamber of Commerce bought
out the Congress and raped labeling regulations.
It's my impression that some Honda/Toyota vehicles have more American
labor in them then some "Big 3" stuff.
You have to look into it hard to come to any answer.
The bally-hooed Ford Fusion is made in Mexico and Japan.
Even throwing an engine together at an engine plant provides less
work than the forging, casting, machining, heat-treating of the engine
parts. If those parts are shipped in from elsewhere, that's where the
bulk of the work was performed.
It's a lot of smoke and mirrors, all done to get the cheapest labor
and make folks think their local community won't be affected.
And it's all falling apart now.
When that insurance agent with the foreign car and the foreign
everything else can't find anybody who can afford his policies
he'll begin to see the light.
Henry Ford knew this, and paid his workers enough to buy his cars.
Don't know about his descendants, since making them in Mexico and
Japan isn't exactly contributing to American buying power.

--Vic

D K[_11_] May 24th 09 12:38 AM

I blame Scot...

jps wrote:

Harry and JPS. Two peas in a pod.

Two assholes spooning in a pod.

And you and John make such a nice couple. Dick and ****.

I buy American when possible. Our latest auto is a Honda Pilot,
which was manufactured in the US. I'm turning my BMW in this
September and considering what's next. Maybe a hybrid.

I NEVER shop at walmart, the official retailer of the RNC and
"Conservatives."

My 2001 Acura MDX, and the early Honda Pilots, were assembled in Quebec.
Evidently they moved production to the US.

Both of my current BMW's were assembled in South Carolina.

They are still foreign cars so what's your point?

Be careful when you buy that "American" hybrid - if may have come from
Mexico, or ???

HK May 24th 09 03:09 PM

I blame Scot...

wrote:

[...]

Maybe we'll have "fair trade" on manufactured goods soon, as we do with
some imports of coffee and other foodstuffs.

---

Dick Cheney is rooting for America to be attacked by terrorists before
2012 so he can blame Barack Obama and the Democrats.