HK HK is offline

Default Cheney: Mistake for GOP to Moderate

Cheney: ‘I think it would be a mistake’ for the GOP to become more moderate.

With only 20 percent of Americans self-identifying as Republicans, the
GOP is searching for a way forward. Sens. Susan Collins (R-ME) and
Olympia Snowe (R-ME), along with Colin Powell, have said the GOP must
move toward the center to expand its tent. In an interview with Scott
Hennen, a North Dakota radio host, Cheney declared that becoming more
moderate “would be a mistake“:

HENNEN: Some people are wringing their hands saying, “This is an
example of why the party needs to change, to hear the message of
Specter,” that, as Colin Powell said, the Republican Party needs to
moderate. Do you think the Republican Party needs to moderate? Is that
the message of the Specter defection, or the state of the party these days?

CHENEY: No I don’t. I think it would be a mistake for us to
moderate. This is about fundamental beliefs and values and ideas

Republican Fundamental Beliefs and Values:

Bash Gays
Profit from War
Torture
Deny Science
Destroy the Economy
Invade the Wrong Countries
Push Christianity onto the Public

That's right, Dicque Cheney...the way to grow the GOP is to offer up
more of the same failed bull****. You go, guy.
jps jps is offline

On Sat, 09 May 2009 10:18:13 -0400, HK wrote:

Cheney: ‘I think it would be a mistake’ for the GOP to become more moderate.

R's put themselves in a strangle hold. Moving closer to the center
risks alientaing the 20% that still support the cause.

Stay to the right and they continue to shrivel as the 60+ while male
population (the core of Republican party) dies off.

Many of my friends who are life long Republicans, white, male, under
60 are disgusted by the party. Some, but certainly not the majority,
either didn't vote or voted for Obama.

They're fiscal moderates to conservatives, and social centrists.

They've been abandoned and alienated.
HK HK is offline

jps wrote:
On Sat, 09 May 2009 10:18:13 -0400, HK wrote:

Cheney: ‘I think it would be a mistake’ for the GOP to become more moderate.

R's put themselves in a strangle hold. Moving closer to the center
risks alientaing the 20% that still support the cause.

Stay to the right and they continue to shrivel as the 60+ while male
population (the core of Republican party) dies off.

Many of my friends who are life long Republicans, white, male, under
60 are disgusted by the party. Some, but certainly not the majority,
either didn't vote or voted for Obama.

They're fiscal moderates to conservatives, and social centrists.

They've been abandoned and alienated.

It's not easy to identify with the GOP, a political party with no
accomplishments the last eight year, a party that put the country in the
crapper, and a party that anti-gay, anti-female, pro torture, and pro
war profiteering, and whose most important persona is a bisexual,
whoremongering drug addict named Rush Limbaugh.
DK DK is offline

jps wrote:
On Sat, 09 May 2009 10:18:13 -0400, HK wrote:

Cheney: ‘I think it would be a mistake’ for the GOP to become more moderate.

R's put themselves in a strangle hold. Moving closer to the center
risks alientaing the 20% that still support the cause.

Stay to the right and they continue to shrivel as the 60+ while male
population (the core of Republican party) dies off.

Many of my friends who are life long Republicans, white, male, under
60 are disgusted by the party. Some, but certainly not the majority,
either didn't vote or voted for Obama.

They're fiscal moderates to conservatives, and social centrists.

They've been abandoned and alienated.

You idiots are quick to forget your Democratically controlled Congress.
Did you go to college, SFB?
jps jps is offline

On Sat, 09 May 2009 20:52:20 -0400, DK
wrote:

jps wrote:
On Sat, 09 May 2009 10:18:13 -0400, HK wrote:

Cheney: ‘I think it would be a mistake’ for the GOP to become more moderate.

R's put themselves in a strangle hold. Moving closer to the center
risks alientaing the 20% that still support the cause.

Stay to the right and they continue to shrivel as the 60+ while male
population (the core of Republican party) dies off.

Many of my friends who are life long Republicans, white, male, under
60 are disgusted by the party. Some, but certainly not the majority,
either didn't vote or voted for Obama.

They're fiscal moderates to conservatives, and social centrists.

They've been abandoned and alienated.

You idiots are quick to forget your Democratically controlled Congress.
Did you go to college, SFB?

Do you have a clue what you're talking about or are you as stupid as
you sound? Can you say non-sequitur?

snip

Can you say non-sequitur?

Can you please spell that phonetically?

jps jps is offline

On Sun, 10 May 2009 00:57:45 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

snip

Can you say non-sequitur?

Can you please spell that phonetically?

non sek qui turd

On Sat, 09 May 2009 11:19:59 -0700, jps wrote:

On Sat, 09 May 2009 10:18:13 -0400, HK wrote:

Cheney: ‘I think it would be a mistake’ for the GOP to become more moderate.

R's put themselves in a strangle hold. Moving closer to the center
risks alientaing the 20% that still support the cause.

Stay to the right and they continue to shrivel as the 60+ while male
population (the core of Republican party) dies off.

Many of my friends who are life long Republicans, white, male, under
60 are disgusted by the party. Some, but certainly not the majority,
either didn't vote or voted for Obama.

They're fiscal moderates to conservatives, and social centrists.

They've been abandoned and alienated.

Or just stopped being your friend...
--
John H

For a great time, go here first... http://tinyurl.com/d3vxvm

Moderate Feminists 6x more likely to cause pointless discussions Daedalus General 1 July 19th 06 01:53 PM
Please Help Fix My Mistake supsand General 16 June 22nd 06 06:55 PM
mistake Doug Kanter General 4 August 2nd 05 05:49 AM
Stupid Mistake Dwayne S. Byrd General 7 June 11th 05 03:28 PM
Another mistake? The_navigator© ASA 13 November 24th 03 03:59 AM