John H[_2_] John H[_2_] is offline

Default Cheney: Mistake for GOP to Moderate

On Sat, 09 May 2009 11:19:59 -0700, jps wrote:

On Sat, 09 May 2009 10:18:13 -0400, HK wrote:

Cheney: ‘I think it would be a mistake’ for the GOP to become more moderate.

R's put themselves in a strangle hold. Moving closer to the center
risks alientaing the 20% that still support the cause.

Stay to the right and they continue to shrivel as the 60+ while male
population (the core of Republican party) dies off.

Many of my friends who are life long Republicans, white, male, under
60 are disgusted by the party. Some, but certainly not the majority,
either didn't vote or voted for Obama.

They're fiscal moderates to conservatives, and social centrists.

They've been abandoned and alienated.

Or just stopped being your friend...
--
John H