Default Ping: Duck

Didn't make into the city today. Wife came home sick from work
yesterday. Very unusual. Slight fever. Had me worried about the
swine flu, so I told her to stay away from me and take her own
temperature.
She slept 12 hours and is fit as a fiddle, but she wanted to go
rummage store shopping.
Maybe tomorrow or next Friday.
Settled on this one, as it's not far from the gyros place I want to
check out.
http://www.boorah.com/restaurants/IL...69FB520D9.html
Close to where I lived in the city.
The only beef joint I frequented was on North Avenue between Harlem
and River Road.
Don't want to drive there. I probably don't dream about the food like
you, you being in Florida and all.

--Vic

Default Duck

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
Didn't make into the city today. Wife came home sick from work
yesterday. Very unusual. Slight fever. Had me worried about the
swine flu, so I told her to stay away from me and take her own
temperature.
She slept 12 hours and is fit as a fiddle, but she wanted to go
rummage store shopping.
Maybe tomorrow or next Friday.
Settled on this one, as it's not far from the gyros place I want to
check out.
http://www.boorah.com/restaurants/IL...69FB520D9.html
Close to where I lived in the city.
The only beef joint I frequented was on North Avenue between Harlem
and River Road.
Don't want to drive there. I probably don't dream about the food like
you, you being in Florida and all.

--Vic

Come on you're killing me! I never had a bad beef sandwich in Chicago.

Funny you should mention beef. One of my golfing buddies and I are going
for Chicago "style" Italian beef in a couple of hours. The place is called
Big City Grill and fashioned after a Chi restaurant. The beef ain't bad but
the bread sucks. And the size of sandwich is about 1/2 what you get up
there. Can't have everything down here I guess. 92* and beautiful today.
Nine hole of golf in one hour and 15 minutes. Thank you snow birds for
going home!

Big City Grill also imports Home Run Inn pizza. Not too bad as frozen pizza
goes.

Glad to hear your wife just had a short illness. Kinda scary with N1H1 (to
be politically correct) running around.

On Fri, 8 May 2009 14:25:33 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

Glad to hear your wife just had a short illness. Kinda scary with N1H1 (to
be politically correct) running around.

Yep, makes a difference when somebody come down with just a bad case
of the sniffles.
Eat well.

--Vic

BE - Duck PM\(ZTB\) Tall Ship Photos 0 April 11th 09 09:01 AM
Ping: Duck re. Norton Eisboch[_4_] General 34 January 8th 09 10:50 AM
Ping: The Donald (D.Duck) Eisboch[_2_] General 6 October 11th 07 11:21 PM
OT Duck, duck....goosed! JimH General 1 January 30th 06 03:21 PM
If it walks like a liberal duck and spends like a liberal duck Vito ASA 10 December 7th 04 05:58 PM