Default Transporting outboard boats

SteveB wrote:
On the boats I have owned (3) with outboards, each had a spacer bar that
went from the trailer to the motor to hold it at a 45 degree angle during
transportation. This motor I bought has a shock absorber device with a
spring coiled around it. It goes on two pins that run through the transom
mount. This will allow the motor to flop about. If I keep and use this, I
will attach two straps to the eye bolts on the transom.

Question: How important is the bracing of an outboard during
transportation? On this long shaft, without a diagonal brace, it would ride
dangerously close to the asphalt. I have seen them that look factory made,
and those that look like they were made out of a rubber bow receiver on a
trailer. Should I make it to have a little give and bounce, or be rigid?

Help and opinions appreciated.

Steve

They are called transom savers and they are cheap insurance. I have
only seen the rigid type and it makes more sense. Try West Marine or
Bass Pro.

transporting an outboard engine by car richard Cruising 5 July 28th 07 10:19 AM
Transporting Kayak Cracked_Pumpkinhead General 59 March 22nd 05 07:12 PM
Transporting Boat Rhys \(Keith Williams Estate Agency\) General 1 August 27th 04 07:42 AM
Transporting G. Webster ASA 2 June 8th 04 02:58 AM
transporting a boat from Ca. to BC. Sebastian Cruising 7 August 9th 03 11:45 PM