Default The Democrats (big tent party;) have declared war on the elderly.

On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 22:48:55 -0800, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 18:28:38 -0800, "CalifBill"
wrote:

"Sure,Not" wrote in message
On Feb 11, 11:51 am, "Calif Bill" wrote:
"BAR" wrote in message

Calif Bill wrote:
Actually is probably a good thing. 80% of a persons medical costs are
gotten in the last 2 years of life. My mom's good friend with
congestive
heart failure went into the hospital a couple years ago at 94 years
of
age. The medical billing was $68,000 for an extra week of life. My
mom,
who was 92 at the time was upset about the amount of money wasted.
Both
Betty and my mom were RN's, and most likely have seen a lot of this.
My
wife's aunt with brain tumor got 3 months of a coma and left
absolutely
nothing to her son, because the doctor decided the inoperable brain
tumor
could be operated on. Put some thought into who we are lavishing
expensive healthcare on. If you have a terminal disease, do not
decide
that a few hundred thousand dollars of other peoples money is well
spent
to extend your life for a month or two.

If it is my money I should be able to spend it anyway I want. But, I
shouldn't expect you, the taxpayers, to spend hundreds of thousands of
dollars to extend my life by a month or two.

The problem is you demand or sue the insurance company for the hundreds
of
$. It is not your money, it is the insurance pool. Spending your own is
not a problem with me. It is shifting your costs to hundreds of other
payers.- Hide quoted text -

Really? Why do we have insurance? If 21 year old Sam gets sick, and
has paid into the pool for 3 months, what will you tell him?

If you, then we say die. Otherwise we take care of the 21 year old. He
has
a future. Most of us when 80-90 years old, and have a couple weeks to
live
have no real future in this life.

Bull****!

I figure I'll shoot my age when I'm about 87!
--
Calling an Illegal Alien an "Undocumented Worker" is like calling a
Crack Dealer an "Unlicensed Pharmacist"

John H

More power to you if you can shoot a 187. I said those with a few weeks to
live. Not healthy seniors.

I know, I know. 187? That's a little steep, even for me!

The elderly Don Doucet Cruising 0 December 13th 08 09:20 PM
O/T: The Elderly Lew Hodgett[_3_] Cruising 1 December 5th 08 03:38 AM
Pope declares Democrats as "Party of Death" Charles Momsen ASA 0 October 3rd 08 06:32 PM
Boom tent Dennis E. Robison General 1 August 31st 03 03:14 PM
Democrats - Party of Sabotage. Simple Simon ASA 12 July 22nd 03 03:08 AM