Default Sleezy credit card companies

The nerve of them...
I had a small new charge of $24.60 show up automatically on my Dec statement
from Consumer Reports re the online service.
I forgot to pay the bill until 3 days after the due date... so...knowing I
had my camera purchase and moms books to come re Christmas, I decided to pay
the entire balance when the updated January bill arrived.
It came today and I noticed a $7.41 interest charge..which just didn't seem
right on a credit card with a 12.9% annual interest rate.
I called to complain and they informed me that I was being stung for
interest on the original late $22.60 PLUS my new purchases of $609.48.

It was bad enough that they called yesterday looking for the 'late payment'
and the girl couldn't even confirm that they were still charging me the
$39.00 annual fee.
I looked back and sure enough...it showed up in June.
Anyway..even a mild mannered Canadian can only take so much.
I told her to take the interest off the new purchases or cancel the card
right away.... she chose to cancel.
Good riddance to Citibank....maybe they'll go teats up after they squander
their share of the bailout money.
And yes...I adjusted the final payment to reflect interest on the
outstanding balance less that charged on the new purchases.
They'll have to come up here and squeeze the $7.00 out of me.

Note: as confirmed by the 1st clerk...my credit is perfect......... (or at
least *was* if they follow through on their threat to send the o/s $7.00 to
the credit bureau)

HK HK is offline

Don White wrote:
[...]

The best thing that could happen to the economy for the average Joe
would be the bust-up of the big international banks and the return of
local banks owned and operated by managers who live in the community.

"Don White" wrote in message
[...]

There was something done about that practice down here in the land of
honesty and integrity.
I've forgotten (or never knew) the details, but it had to do with
prohibiting credit card companies from adding penalty interest on the entire
balance, rather than just the part that is overdue.

Problem is, although it was passed into law, I don't think it has gone into
affect yet.

Eisboch

On Jan 28, 7:48*pm, "Eisboch" wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

[...]

Eisboch- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, big deal they made, but it doesn't go into effect for 1-1/2 to 2
years iirc...

On Jan 28, 7:41*pm, "Don White" wrote:
[...]

Lesson learned.. Read the contract, oh yeah, then pay your ****ing
bill. You're supposed to be the big boy here...snerk

wrote in message
[...]

And be sure to read your statements as soon as they come. Sears (I think
now Citigroup) has started bouncing the due around to catch you in a late
payment. For years the due date was alway the 15th of the month for me. So
I would go on line and pay it on the 10th. Then one month I get charged a
late fee. I checked and then noticed that they had jumped the payment due
date up to the 9th. I've watched since and it has jumped to as early as the
5th of the month...this month it is back to the 16th. Wouldn't use the damn
card but being a Sears retiree the only way I can get my discount is to pay
cash/check or use the Sears card. I had put a Sears tractor on it with one
year no interest and I figure they're trying to catch me in a late payment
so they can terminate that no interest agreement.

Tom G.

On Jan 28, 8:35*pm, wrote:
[...]

bill. You're supposed to be the big boy here...snerk- Hide quoted text -

You're just mad because he HAS a credit card...and you cant get one...

wrote:
On Jan 28, 8:35 pm, wrote:
[...]

Sucks to have one with a 5% interest rate.

Cheaper to buy a car on the credit card then buy it from a bank.

"BAR" wrote in message

Sucks to have one with a 5% interest rate.

Cheaper to buy a car on the credit card then buy it from a bank.

Now that you mention it... I have a line of credit that charges me one half
percent over prime.
Last month prime was 3.5%...but I believe it's around 3% at this time. If
I thought it would stay there, it might be a good way to pay for the new
RAV4 or Forester in March.

wrote:
[...]

I have been late many times, either because of a mistake in my EFT, or
because the statement got lost on my desk and I didn't see it till after
it was due. I have called up Citibank and without any questions asked,
they refunded my late fee and all interest.

The only time they don't refund the money is if they think the customer
is marginal, and they don't really want them.

Credit card ripoffs JohnH[_3_] General 0 November 23rd 08 01:29 PM
TV Guide - don't give them a credit card Scout ASA 5 February 23rd 07 06:12 PM
No bullshit! no credit card verification! FREE registration and earn money NOW! [email protected] General 0 March 19th 05 08:55 AM
Credit card foreign currency fees Carl Cruising 1 July 6th 04 10:25 PM