Default Sleezy credit card companies

On Jan 28, 7:41*pm, "Don White" wrote:
The nerve of them...
I had a small new charge of $24.60 show up automatically on my Dec statement
from Consumer Reports re the online service.
I forgot to pay the bill until 3 days after the due date... so...knowing I
had my camera purchase and moms books to come re Christmas, I decided to pay
the entire balance when the updated January bill arrived.
It came today and I noticed a $7.41 interest charge..which just didn't seem
right on a credit card with a 12.9% annual interest rate.
I called to complain and they informed me that I was being stung for
interest on the original late $22.60 PLUS my new purchases of $609.48.

It was bad enough that they called yesterday looking for the 'late payment'
and the girl couldn't even confirm that they were still charging me the
$39.00 annual fee.
I looked back and sure enough...it showed up in June.
Anyway..even a mild mannered Canadian can only take so much.
I told her to take the interest off the new purchases or cancel the card
right away.... she chose to cancel.
Good riddance to Citibank....maybe they'll go teats up after they squander
their share of the bailout money.
And yes...I adjusted the final payment to reflect interest on the
outstanding balance less that charged on the new purchases.
They'll have to come up here and squeeze the $7.00 out of me.

Note: *as confirmed by the 1st clerk...my credit is perfect......... (or at
least *was* if they follow through on their threat to send the o/s $7.00 to
the credit bureau)

Pay your bills on time, problem solved.

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 20:41:11 -0400, "Don White"
wrote:

[...]

The best thing that could happen to the economy for the average Joe
would be making his credit card payments on time, or, better yet, pay the
balance every month.

And, when you make a dumb mistake, don't broadcast it to the world
expecting sympathy.
--
John H

* The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson. *

wrote:

[...]

I ALWAYS pay off my balance and never carry over a balance, so that
might be why they treat me better than Donnie.

"Don White" wrote in message
The nerve of them...
I had a small new charge of $24.60 show up automatically on my Dec
statement from Consumer Reports re the online service.
I forgot to pay the bill until 3 days after the due date... so...knowing I
had my camera purchase and moms books to come re Christmas, I decided to
pay the entire balance when the updated January bill arrived.
It came today and I noticed a $7.41 interest charge..which just didn't
seem right on a credit card with a 12.9% annual interest rate.
I called to complain and they informed me that I was being stung for
interest on the original late $22.60 PLUS my new purchases of $609.48.

Cards like that, I call them up once and ask them to fix it. If they don't
I offer to cancel the card. When they ask why, I cite this as the reason.

My cards pay me, not the other way around. No fee and a 1% annual kickback.
They need you more than you need them.

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 18:36:56 -0700, "Canuck57" wrote:

"Don White" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

I love my card.

Earn 2% cash back on supermarket purchases*
Earn 5.00% cash back from gas purchases paid at the pump*
Earn 1.25% cash back from all purchases** you make with the card during
each billing cycle

And no annual fee. It gets used even if I'm just buying an onion at
Safeway.
--
John H

Go here first... http://tinyurl.com/d3vxvm

* Definition of a teenager?
God's punishment...for enjoying sex. *

"John H" wrote in message
On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 18:36:56 -0700, "Canuck57" wrote:

"Don White" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

So which card is it? Sounds good.

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 16:55:38 -0700, "Canuck57" wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 18:36:56 -0700, "Canuck57" wrote:

"Don White" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

You might not like this....

https://www.penfed.org/productsAndRa...ewardCards.asp

What can I say??
--
John H

For a great time, go here first... http://tinyurl.com/d3vxvm

"John H" wrote in message
On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 16:55:38 -0700, "Canuck57" wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 18:36:56 -0700, "Canuck57"
wrote:

"Don White" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Will they issue those cards to Canadians?

Credit card ripoffs JohnH[_3_] General 0 November 23rd 08 01:29 PM
TV Guide - don't give them a credit card Scout ASA 5 February 23rd 07 06:12 PM
No bullshit! no credit card verification! FREE registration and earn money NOW! [email protected] General 0 March 19th 05 08:55 AM
Credit card foreign currency fees Carl Cruising 1 July 6th 04 10:25 PM