Default Boats/Fishing

There's usually something interesting here.
http://www.carolinaskiffowner.com/

Easy to register, and free.
Not sure if you have to be registered to read this thread, but give it
a try. Pretty scary incident with border patrol boats on the
NY/Canada border.
http://www.carolinaskiffowner.com/showthread.php?t=4597

It takes a bit to get familiar with the topic organization, but worth
it as there's a lot of boating/fishing going on here.
And the posters put out a lot of pics.
Easiest way is to just open a thread on the right, scroll down to the
bottom to where it has "Forum Jump" and you can see and jump to the
categories in the drop-down list.
Then just come back here when you're ready to argue.

--Vic
MMC MMC is offline

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
news
There's usually something interesting here.
http://www.carolinaskiffowner.com/

Easy to register, and free.
Not sure if you have to be registered to read this thread, but give it
a try. Pretty scary incident with border patrol boats on the
NY/Canada border.
http://www.carolinaskiffowner.com/showthread.php?t=4597

It takes a bit to get familiar with the topic organization, but worth
it as there's a lot of boating/fishing going on here.
And the posters put out a lot of pics.
Easiest way is to just open a thread on the right, scroll down to the
bottom to where it has "Forum Jump" and you can see and jump to the
categories in the drop-down list.
Then just come back here when you're ready to argue.

--Vic

hmmmm, first thing I see when I went to the site is a button to "donate". Is
this a support group for people that own these boats?

On Jan 6, 5:15*pm, Vic Smith wrote:
On Tue, 6 Jan 2009 14:17:35 -0500, "mmc" wrote:

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
news
[...]

It's an owners forum, not a usenet group.
There are plenty of free sites that ask for donations.
Your call whether to donate. *I haven't, but if I really got into the
forum I well might. *
These are real boaters and fishermen, most whom own Carolina Skiffs.
Many - especially the Florida guys, go fishing every weekend and
report on what they got, often with pictures.
You'll see no bitching at each other, but a lot of helpful advice.
Some of these guys get together and team up to boat, fish, etc. *A
friendly group.
When I first came in here asking some boat questions, I had a number
of friendly offers of help. *Tom, Harry, John, etc.
Even now, if you ignore the BS here, there's some worth.
The forum above has none of the BS. *Isn't allowed.
It's just like I said above, and your call to have a look.
It's by far the best boating/fishing site I know.
You're from Florida, right? *There's a FishingFlorida section and a
lot of good pics/advice. *I mentioned above how to get there.
Real people. *Reporting on real fishing trips in real boats.
With pics of them holding up the real fish they caught.
Some nice reds, too.
Like I said, costs nothing to look.

--Vic- Hide quoted text -

Gee, maybe ****stick Herring, and " Uncle " Loogy will go there, and
pollute the place with off-topic ****, like here.....
MMC MMC is offline

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
On Tue, 6 Jan 2009 14:17:35 -0500, "mmc" wrote:

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
news
[...]

I was just being a smartass Vic.
Yep, there are a bunch of them down here and the owners like them. Are
you're right, the best thing about having any boat is using it.
We have an old pontoon boat and try to use it as much as possible. Good for
hauling kids around to the spoil islands for "adventures".

Senior Member

On Jan 7, 12:21*pm, "mmc" wrote:
"Vic Smith" wrote in message

On Tue, 6 Jan 2009 14:17:35 -0500, "mmc" wrote:

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
news There's usually something interesting here.
[...]

hauling kids around to the spoil islands for "adventures".- Hide quoted text -

Always liked those Carolina Skiffs, big, open, and simple...

On Jan 7, 3:24*pm, Tom Francis - SWSports
wrote:
On Wed, 7 Jan 2009 09:35:10 -0800 (PST),

wrote:
Always liked those Carolina Skiffs, big, open, and simple...

Tough too - the bait shop guys around Lake Murray have them and beat
the snot out of them and they just keep on floating. *One guy, at Lake
World, has repowered his more than once.

They are tough - butt ugly, but tough.

Well, being a "tool guy" I find them to be quite attractive... Of
course you could always hire me to design some "nose art" for you, I
will work for cheap

wrote:

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
[...]

Went up to the big Grady White/Parker place, Tri State Marine, the other
day. Lo and behold, the place is swamped with Carolina Skiffs of all sizes.

wrote:
Always liked those Carolina Skiffs, big, open, and simple...

Tough too - the bait shop guys around Lake Murray have them and beat
the snot out of them and they just keep on floating. *One guy, at Lake
World, has repowered his more than once.

They are tough - butt ugly, but tough.

Well, being a "tool guy" I find them to be quite attractive... Of
course you could always hire me to design some "nose art" for you, I
will work for cheap

I already have the design.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...40-ftigers.jpg

Tom, have you ever read any of W.E.B. Griffin's stuff?" His "Men at War"
series starts off with a couple guys joining the AVG to fly those buggers
in China.

Coincidence. I just started reading the guy a couple weeks ago.