[email protected] slammer_2@hotmail.com is offline

Default Boats/Fishing

On Jan 6, 5:15*pm, Vic Smith wrote:
On Tue, 6 Jan 2009 14:17:35 -0500, "mmc" wrote:

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
news
There's usually something interesting here.
http://www.carolinaskiffowner.com/

Easy to register, and free.
Not sure if you have to be registered to read this thread, but give it
a try. *Pretty scary incident with border patrol boats on the
NY/Canada border.
http://www.carolinaskiffowner.com/showthread.php?t=4597

It takes a bit to get familiar with the topic organization, but worth
it as there's a lot of boating/fishing going on here.
And the posters put out a lot of pics.
Easiest way is to just open a thread on the right, scroll down to the
bottom to where it has "Forum Jump" and you can see and jump to the
categories in the drop-down list.
Then just come back here when you're ready to argue.

--Vic

hmmmm, first thing I see when I went to the site is a button to "donate".. Is
this a support group for people that own these boats?

It's an owners forum, not a usenet group.
There are plenty of free sites that ask for donations.
Your call whether to donate. *I haven't, but if I really got into the
forum I well might. *
These are real boaters and fishermen, most whom own Carolina Skiffs.
Many - especially the Florida guys, go fishing every weekend and
report on what they got, often with pictures.
You'll see no bitching at each other, but a lot of helpful advice.
Some of these guys get together and team up to boat, fish, etc. *A
friendly group.
When I first came in here asking some boat questions, I had a number
of friendly offers of help. *Tom, Harry, John, etc.
Even now, if you ignore the BS here, there's some worth.
The forum above has none of the BS. *Isn't allowed.
It's just like I said above, and your call to have a look.
It's by far the best boating/fishing site I know.
You're from Florida, right? *There's a FishingFlorida section and a
lot of good pics/advice. *I mentioned above how to get there.
Real people. *Reporting on real fishing trips in real boats.
With pics of them holding up the real fish they caught.
Some nice reds, too.
Like I said, costs nothing to look.

--Vic- Hide quoted text -

Gee, maybe ****stick Herring, and " Uncle " Loogy will go there, and