Default More social engineering...

Jim wrote:
hk wrote:
wrote:
On Jan 5, 11:14 pm, "Mike" wrote:
"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
messagenewsdi5m4l4462l2r3sp6agcs9bln3iltk5d9@4ax .com...

On Mon, 05 Jan 2009 21:22:25 -0500, hk wrote:
Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/06/business/06smoke.html
Here's what I want to know:
5% of all deaths from diseases of the circulatory system are
attributed to alcohol.
I'm in favor of banning the growth and sale of all tobacco products.
Thought you'd like to know that.
Great - that's wonderful that you have an actual opinon on the subject
of smoking.
Now, how about the alcohol?
--
"Do what you can, with what you
have, where you are."

Oh yeah, I notice that the only threads that don't get out of hand,
are the
ones that harry starts... no one responds. What a surprise.

--Mike- Hide quoted text -

Well, just so you know.. The attack was aimed at Tom who is well known
for enjoying a good cigar here and there.... You are right, it is his
M.O... it has been for over a decade.

Wrong, Lucky Strike breath. Tom posted a rant against alcohol because
he is upset over cigar taxes. I simply responded in kind without
belaboring it. Not everything fits into your simple-minded little
world of black or white.

I'm appalled by Tom's continued consumption of tobacco products. He's
a smart guy and knows better.

I'm appalled by Harry Krause's continued use of foul language and
abusive behavior. He's a smart guy and knows better

\
Do you honestly believe he is smart guy? I would guess he is at best
average intelligence. What smart guy living in New Haven, CT would go
to the Univ. of Kansas so he could get a quality Liberal Arts degree?

"hk" wrote in message
m...

None, not one of the union guys I know, smoke. Some did, but they gave it
up a long time ago. There's no smoking at the union offices I visit
downtown, because smoking is prohibited in DC offices. At one of the white
collar union offices I visit, there's no smoking outside on the sidewalk,
either, because the union president has made it known that anyone who
smokes is on the schitt list.

That figures.

What about the guys that smoke on the way to to meeting? You can't convince
me that none do. You have indicated that your nose is so superior that you
can detect the aroma of a departed smoker in an elevator. Are you now
saying you can't smell it on the clothing of a person sitting next to you?

Better never arrange to meet Obama.

Eisboch

"hk" wrote in message
m...
Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/06/business/06smoke.html

Here's what I want to know:

5% of all deaths from diseases of the circulatory system are
attributed to alcohol.

I'm in favor of banning the growth and sale of all tobacco products.
Thought you'd like to know that.

They will not ban alcohol or tobacco, raises too much easy cash for the
government. They even have to pay less social security for alcoholics and
smokers. Weed, the smoking kind, if it were not so easy to grow they would
make it legal and tax people on it too. Why some things are legal and
others are not caan be changed down to pure economics.

hk hk is offline

Eisboch wrote:

"hk" wrote in message
m...

None, not one of the union guys I know, smoke. Some did, but they gave
it up a long time ago. There's no smoking at the union offices I visit
downtown, because smoking is prohibited in DC offices. At one of the
white collar union offices I visit, there's no smoking outside on the
sidewalk, either, because the union president has made it known that
anyone who smokes is on the schitt list.

That figures.

What about the guys that smoke on the way to to meeting? You can't
convince me that none do. You have indicated that your nose is so
superior that you can detect the aroma of a departed smoker in an
elevator. Are you now saying you can't smell it on the clothing of a
person sitting next to you?

Better never arrange to meet Obama.

Eisboch

Actually, the smoker in the elevator is one of the soon to be departed.
No, I cannot smell them after they have left the elevator...just while
they are in it.

Some years ago, I was at a breakfast meeting in Chicago with some of
the officers of an international union. The exec veep lit up, and I
said, "Jesus, Tommy, would you put out the f*cking cigarette or I'll
puke in your eggs, and stop smoking before it kills you."

Everyone burst out laughing. "Tommy" was the union's persuader. He put
out the cigarette. That evening, at a reception-dinner, his wife planted
a big kiss on my cheek and told me that I was the only one who had the
balls to tell her husband to stop smoking.

Sadly, Tommy had a stroke the next year and died. He was only 60.

If I met Obama, I'd ask him if he had stopped smoking. It is a fair
question and he is smart enough to know that people who care about him
want him to stay healthy. I want him to serve two full terms in good health.
hk hk is offline

D.Duck wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
m...
D.Duck wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
Vic Smith wrote:
On Tue, 06 Jan 2009 06:37:05 -0500, hk wrote:

Wrong, Lucky Strike breath.
Lucky's are pretty good. Do they still make them?
Think I started with them and Camels.
Graduated to the filtered, more aromatic blends.
But any decent cigarette can mask the smell of boiled cabbage.

--Vic
It's an awful smell. I have no idea whether Lucky Strikes are still
made. I do remember the ads. My guess is that smokers do not realize how
badly they smell. The odor really permeates them.
And some folks cannot tolerate the smell of perfume.

And our hospitals are filled with people made ill by inhaling second-hand
perfume odors.

I didn't mention any heath hazards. I mentioned people being annoyed.

I have to hold my breath when I walk by the cosmetics department of any
big department store.

Jim Jim is offline

Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq. wrote:
Jim wrote:
hk wrote:

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
[...]

If you don't believe he's smart, just ask him. I don't think he'll cop
to being crude and vulgar though.

On Tue, 06 Jan 2009 08:50:07 -0500, "Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq."
wrote:

What smart guy living in New Haven, CT would go
to the Univ. of Kansas so he could get a quality Liberal Arts degree?

Lawrence Kansas is a very nice town. I happen to think Kansas is a
pretty decent school. I had an uncle on the faculty there. Dean of the
law school, actually. Someone in CT might find it a bit distant.

Casady
Jim Jim is offline

hk wrote:
Eisboch wrote:

"hk" wrote in message
[...]

You are so brave.
Tell me Harry. What is the job description of a union persuader.

On Tue, 06 Jan 2009 02:36:10 -0500, Tom Francis - SWSports
wrote:

And when Obamessiah lifts the Cuban embargo, what the hell are they
going to sell to the US then? Sugar?

Ethanol?

Casady

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...
On Mon, 5 Jan 2009 22:53:40 -0800, "CalifBill"
wrote:

"hk" wrote in message
news:LKSdnUWQ0PT8Xf_UnZ2dnUVZ_uadnZ2d@earthlink. com...
Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/06/business/06smoke.html

Here's what I want to know:

5% of all deaths from diseases of the circulatory system are
attributed to alcohol.

I'm in favor of banning the growth and sale of all tobacco products.
Thought you'd like to know that.

But people want it. And it is less dangerous than alcohol. Will the
tobacco companies stop paying the money the states collected and borrowed
against with the new taxes seeming to violate the agreement between the
government and tobacco. This country was founded on freedom of choice.
1984 is happening.

Damn straight. Used to be a good $5 cigar was a good cigar. A $5
cigar in today's money is about $45.

That is just obscene.

And when Obamessiah lifts the Cuban embargo, what the hell are they
going to sell to the US then? Sugar?

~~ mutter ~~

Sun & beach, like every other island in that part of the world.

The Left Coasts social engineering... A Real Boaterer General 1 January 5th 09 11:26 PM
social security Ken Marino ASA 42 October 28th 08 02:05 AM
Social Security Saved! Bob Crantz ASA 0 March 17th 05 09:56 PM
Bush and Social Security willfish General 11 February 22nd 05 08:46 PM