Default More social engineering...

On Tue, 06 Jan 2009 06:37:05 -0500, hk wrote:

Wrong, Lucky Strike breath.

Lucky's are pretty good. Do they still make them?
Think I started with them and Camels.
Graduated to the filtered, more aromatic blends.
But any decent cigarette can mask the smell of boiled cabbage.

--Vic
hk hk is offline

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
On Tue, 06 Jan 2009 06:31:38 -0500, hk wrote:

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
On Mon, 05 Jan 2009 22:18:51 -0500, hk wrote:

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
On Mon, 05 Jan 2009 21:22:25 -0500, hk wrote:

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/06/business/06smoke.html

Here's what I want to know:

5% of all deaths from diseases of the circulatory system are
attributed to alcohol.
I'm in favor of banning the growth and sale of all tobacco products.
Thought you'd like to know that.
Great - that's wonderful that you have an actual opinon on the subject
of smoking.

Now, how about the alcohol?
I'm not in favor of excessive drinking. I am in favor of criminal
penalties for those who drink and drive. As in jail time...for the first
offense.
Not what I asked. Based on the personal and economic devastation
wrought on the American public by excessive drinking of alcohol, are
you in favor of increasing the taxes by triple or quadruple the
amounts now taxed in the same manner as tobacco?

Nope. I'm not opposed to a modest increase in taxes on alcohol, but I do
think the taxes on tobacco products should at least double every year
until they are so expensive no one can afford them. Most people who do
enjoy a drink or two once in a while never become alcoholics, and modest
drinking is not obnoxious to other people.

I can absoutely prove to you that one or two is just as bad as ten or
twelve.

It's science baby.

Smoking is obnoxious, period.

So funking what. It's my freakin' life and I can do with it as I
please.

Or used to be able to anyway. You don't like my cigars, walk down the
street.

See if I care.

The smell is awful and if you are exposed to a smoker, his cloud of
effluent makes your clothes and hair stink as badly as his do.

Sorry I am not as "consistent" as you would like, but I really believe
smoking is the foulest of habits.

No - the foulest of habits is telling other people how to live their
lives.

Oh, I am sure you can find some sort of spurious science to "prove"
anything you like. That'll help you convince yourself. After all, it is
what you do with global warming, right?

Why should I have to walk down the street for "atmospheric relief"
because some inconsiderate fool is smoking like a chimney, stinking up
the environment and exposing me to second-hand smoke? I've gotten off
elevators because someone who had been smoking recently got on and made
the elevator stink.

On Tue, 06 Jan 2009 06:53:51 -0500, hk wrote:

Why should I have to walk down the street for "atmospheric relief"
because some inconsiderate fool is smoking like a chimney, stinking up
the environment and exposing me to second-hand smoke? I've gotten off
elevators because someone who had been smoking recently got on and made
the elevator stink.

You're really sounding prissy here.
How do you operate around union guys?
Hope you don't get all huffy about them lighting up.

--Vic

hk wrote:

Nope. I'm not opposed to a modest increase in taxes on alcohol, but I do
think the taxes on tobacco products should at least double every year
until they are so expensive no one can afford them.

That is the sure way to expand our criminal network by making it VERY
profitable to bootleg cigarettes.

hk wrote:
Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/06/business/06smoke.html

Here's what I want to know:

5% of all deaths from diseases of the circulatory system are
attributed to alcohol.

I'm in favor of banning the growth and sale of all tobacco products.
Thought you'd like to know that.

Aren't you pro-choice Harry. Let people make their own choices and live
with the consequences.

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/06/business/06smoke.html

Here's what I want to know:

5% of all deaths from diseases of the circulatory system are
attributed to alcohol.
I'm in favor of banning the growth and sale of all tobacco products.
Thought you'd like to know that.

Great - that's wonderful that you have an actual opinon on the subject
of smoking.

Now, how about the alcohol?

I'm not in favor of excessive drinking. I am in favor of criminal
penalties for those who drink and drive. As in jail time...for the first
offense.

Sitting in resstaurant next to someone enjoying a drink does not
interfere with my meal. Sitting next to a smoker ruins the meal because
of the stench.

The restaurant should be able to make a choice as to whether it allows
smoking or not.

Maryland has banned smoking in restaurants, as have other states.

The should ban alcohol consumption too. People have been killed after
having consumed alcoholic drinks in those restaurants.
hk hk is offline

Vic Smith wrote:
On Tue, 06 Jan 2009 06:37:05 -0500, hk wrote:

Wrong, Lucky Strike breath.

Lucky's are pretty good. Do they still make them?
Think I started with them and Camels.
Graduated to the filtered, more aromatic blends.
But any decent cigarette can mask the smell of boiled cabbage.

--Vic

It's an awful smell. I have no idea whether Lucky Strikes are still
made. I do remember the ads. My guess is that smokers do not realize how
badly they smell. The odor really permeates them.
hk hk is offline

Vic Smith wrote:
On Tue, 06 Jan 2009 06:53:51 -0500, hk wrote:

Why should I have to walk down the street for "atmospheric relief"
because some inconsiderate fool is smoking like a chimney, stinking up
the environment and exposing me to second-hand smoke? I've gotten off
elevators because someone who had been smoking recently got on and made
the elevator stink.

You're really sounding prissy here.
How do you operate around union guys?
Hope you don't get all huffy about them lighting up.

--Vic

None, not one of the union guys I know, smoke. Some did, but they gave
it up a long time ago. There's no smoking at the union offices I visit
downtown, because smoking is prohibited in DC offices. At one of the
white collar union offices I visit, there's no smoking outside on the
sidewalk, either, because the union president has made it known that
anyone who smokes is on the schitt list.

"hk" wrote in message
Vic Smith wrote:
On Tue, 06 Jan 2009 06:37:05 -0500, hk wrote:

Wrong, Lucky Strike breath.

Lucky's are pretty good. Do they still make them?
Think I started with them and Camels.
Graduated to the filtered, more aromatic blends.
But any decent cigarette can mask the smell of boiled cabbage.

--Vic

It's an awful smell. I have no idea whether Lucky Strikes are still made.
I do remember the ads. My guess is that smokers do not realize how badly
they smell. The odor really permeates them.

And some folks cannot tolerate the smell of perfume.

D.Duck wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
Vic Smith wrote:
On Tue, 06 Jan 2009 06:37:05 -0500, hk wrote:

Wrong, Lucky Strike breath.
Lucky's are pretty good. Do they still make them?
Think I started with them and Camels.
Graduated to the filtered, more aromatic blends.
But any decent cigarette can mask the smell of boiled cabbage.

--Vic

It's an awful smell. I have no idea whether Lucky Strikes are still made.
I do remember the ads. My guess is that smokers do not realize how badly
they smell. The odor really permeates them.

And some folks cannot tolerate the smell of perfume.

I hate the smell of fat people, they always smell like .....

The Left Coasts social engineering... A Real Boaterer General 1 January 5th 09 11:26 PM
social security Ken Marino ASA 42 October 28th 08 02:05 AM
Social Security Saved! Bob Crantz ASA 0 March 17th 05 09:56 PM
Bush and Social Security willfish General 11 February 22nd 05 08:46 PM