Default Senior moment

And, speaking of senior moments:

'WHERE is my SUNDAY paper?' The irate, old lady calling the newspaper
office loudly demanded, wanting to know where her Sunday edition was.

'Ma'am,' said the newspaper employee, 'today is Saturday. The Sunday paper
is not delivered until tomorrow, on Sunday.'

There was quite a long pause on the other end of the phone, followed by a
ray of recognition. as she was heard to mutter, 'Well, ****... so that's
why no one was at church today.'
Tim Tim is offline

On Jan 3, 2:00*pm, John H wrote:
And, speaking of senior moments:

'WHERE is my SUNDAY paper?' *The irate, old lady calling the newspaper
office loudly demanded, wanting to know where her Sunday edition was.

'Ma'am,' said the newspaper employee, 'today is Saturday. The Sunday paper
is not delivered until tomorrow, on Sunday.'

There was quite a long pause on the other end of the phone, followed by a
ray of recognition. as she was heard to mutter, 'Well, ****... so that's
why no one was at church today.'

LOL!

Thanks John. I needed that!

On Jan 3, 11:06 pm, Tim wrote:
On Jan 3, 2:00 pm, John H wrote:

And, speaking of senior moments:

'WHERE is my SUNDAY paper?' The irate, old lady calling the newspaper
office loudly demanded, wanting to know where her Sunday edition was.

'Ma'am,' said the newspaper employee, 'today is Saturday. The Sunday paper
is not delivered until tomorrow, on Sunday.'

There was quite a long pause on the other end of the phone, followed by a
ray of recognition. as she was heard to mutter, 'Well, ****... so that's
why no one was at church today.'

LOL!

Thanks John. I needed that!

As they say, true words are often spoken in jest. Today, only the
aged and set in their ways read newspapers. The papers have become
the refuge of dinosaur liberals who cannot find employment anywhere
else. Only those incapable of forming thoughts on their own read them
anymore because we now have the internet where we can get info about a
week before it appears in any paper. Papers today are filled with
pablum that doesnt have any verifiable facts and strives to offend
nobody in power. Even the NYT is filled with nonsensical fiction
presented as fact. Papers routinely run pictures that anybody with a
passing familiarity with photoshop can identify as fakes which is why
young people don't read them.

On Sat, 3 Jan 2009 20:06:15 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

On Jan 3, 2:00*pm, John H wrote:
And, speaking of senior moments:

'WHERE is my SUNDAY paper?' *The irate, old lady calling the newspaper
office loudly demanded, wanting to know where her Sunday edition was.

'Ma'am,' said the newspaper employee, 'today is Saturday. The Sunday paper
is not delivered until tomorrow, on Sunday.'

There was quite a long pause on the other end of the phone, followed by a
ray of recognition. as she was heard to mutter, 'Well, ****... so that's
why no one was at church today.'

LOL!

Thanks John. I needed that!

You have my permission to use it! Now you know why all those folks were not
in church this morning. They just figured they'd gone yesterday. Once a
weekend is enough!

On Sat, 3 Jan 2009 21:18:28 -0800 (PST), Frogwatch
wrote:

On Jan 3, 11:06 pm, Tim wrote:
On Jan 3, 2:00 pm, John H wrote:

[...]

I agree with most of the above, but I'd question this line.,,"Papers today
are filled with pablum that doesn't have any verifiable facts and strives
to offend nobody in power."

Seems like the Wash Post, the NY Times, and the LA Times went around making
up stuff *just* to offend the Bush crowd.