Frogwatch Frogwatch is offline

Default Senior moment

On Jan 3, 11:06 pm, Tim wrote:
On Jan 3, 2:00 pm, John H wrote:

And, speaking of senior moments:

'WHERE is my SUNDAY paper?' The irate, old lady calling the newspaper
office loudly demanded, wanting to know where her Sunday edition was.

'Ma'am,' said the newspaper employee, 'today is Saturday. The Sunday paper
is not delivered until tomorrow, on Sunday.'

There was quite a long pause on the other end of the phone, followed by a
ray of recognition. as she was heard to mutter, 'Well, ****... so that's
why no one was at church today.'

LOL!

Thanks John. I needed that!

As they say, true words are often spoken in jest. Today, only the
aged and set in their ways read newspapers. The papers have become
the refuge of dinosaur liberals who cannot find employment anywhere
else. Only those incapable of forming thoughts on their own read them
anymore because we now have the internet where we can get info about a
week before it appears in any paper. Papers today are filled with
pablum that doesnt have any verifiable facts and strives to offend
nobody in power. Even the NYT is filled with nonsensical fiction
presented as fact. Papers routinely run pictures that anybody with a
passing familiarity with photoshop can identify as fakes which is why
young people don't read them.