Default Completely On Topic: Sewage Crisis

"BAR" wrote in message
Boater wrote:
Don White wrote:
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
(considering what hasn't changed here in this NG)

http://www.slate.com/id/2202423/pagenum/all/

There's just way too many people in the world today.
We have to come up with a way to 'thin the herd' over the next few
generations or we'll all be over run.

I agree completely, and I think it inappropriate for families to have
more than one or two kids.

Why don't you start preaching that to Africa, Middle East and Asia.

Does that mean we shouldn't improve certain practices until everyone else
does?

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 15:50:37 -0500, JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

True, but many will think that means government control, as in China. I
believe enough in people to think that if we were told "It would help to
limit the family to 2 kids", quite a few would do that. No laws needed.
After all, most of us recycle, and nobody's holding a gun to our heads
to force us to do that.

It isn't birth rates, it is death rates. Birth rates in developed
countries, are not large enough to maintain the population. That's one
of the reasons we need immigrants to sustain our Ponzi economy. Death
rates, however... Infant mortality is down. Life expectancy is up.

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 16:41:28 -0400, "Don White"
wrote:

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
(considering what hasn't changed here in this NG)

http://www.slate.com/id/2202423/pagenum/all/

There's just way too many people in the world today.
We have to come up with a way to 'thin the herd' over the next few
generations or we'll all be over run.

I say we start with Canada...

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 13:22:29 -0800, Frogwatch wrote:

I'd like to develop a system for homes far from sewage lines whereby
feces are spun in a thing like a washing machine causing liquids to be
spun out. The resulting mass would be scraped off and then dried with a
solar dryer, compacted into bricks and later collected like garbage.
This would eliminate the necessity to run expensive sewer lines to each
home. However, what to do with the liquid waste? First you separate
grey water from urine and leftover water from the feces. Then you use
some sort of electrical ozone generator to sterilize it. Then the tough
part comes, removing the nutrients............

Are you familiar with composting toilets? Except for the grey water,
it's pretty much what you are describing, if I'm understanding you
correctly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Composting_toilet

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"BAR" wrote in message
Boater wrote:
Don White wrote:
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
(considering what hasn't changed here in this NG)

http://www.slate.com/id/2202423/pagenum/all/
There's just way too many people in the world today.
We have to come up with a way to 'thin the herd' over the next few
generations or we'll all be over run.

I agree completely, and I think it inappropriate for families to have
more than one or two kids.

Why don't you start preaching that to Africa, Middle East and Asia.

Does that mean we shouldn't improve certain practices until everyone else
does?

Yes. If it is good for us it is good for everyone.

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"BAR" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
(considering what hasn't changed here in this NG)

http://www.slate.com/id/2202423/pagenum/all/
There's just way too many people in the world today.
We have to come up with a way to 'thin the herd' over the next few
generations or we'll all be over run.

True, but many will think that means government control, as in China. I
believe enough in people to think that if we were told "It would help to
limit the family to 2 kids", quite a few would do that. No laws needed.
After all, most of us recycle, and nobody's holding a gun to our heads to
force us to do that.

Wrong. You are compelled to pay for recycling. If you don't pay the
recycling "fee" you may have your property confiscated from you at point
of a gun.

What police state do YOU live in?

People's Republic of Montgomery County in the Democratic Republic of
Maryland. Our motto is "Your money is our money."

"BAR" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"BAR" wrote in message
Boater wrote:
Don White wrote:
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
(considering what hasn't changed here in this NG)

http://www.slate.com/id/2202423/pagenum/all/
There's just way too many people in the world today.
We have to come up with a way to 'thin the herd' over the next few
generations or we'll all be over run.

I agree completely, and I think it inappropriate for families to have
more than one or two kids.
Why don't you start preaching that to Africa, Middle East and Asia.

Does that mean we shouldn't improve certain practices until everyone else
does?

Yes. If it is good for us it is good for everyone.

So, you think we should freeze technology until Africa catches up with the
program. That's nonsense, of course, but you're not here to say things
which make sense.

Try again tomorrow if and when you're sober.

"BAR" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"BAR" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message
[...]

Even so, nobody forces you to actually put the recycling bin out on the curb
each week. Right?

And now for something completely Off Topic... [email protected] General 2 September 20th 06 04:15 AM
And now for something completely Off Topic... Calif Bill General 0 September 19th 06 03:09 AM
Sailing in Sewage! Bob Crantz ASA 1 October 31st 05 09:18 PM
boat sewage systems Paul General 3 May 27th 05 09:41 PM