Default Yo Harry!

Looks like you better do some cross posting and get Cliff over here to provide
some support for you!

--
****Happy Chanuka****

John H

John H wrote:
Looks like you better do some cross posting and get Cliff over here to provide
some support for you!

--
****Happy Chanuka****

John H

Bite me!

Oh...and though I am not Jewish, I do know how to spell the names of
religious holidays.
Jim Jim is offline

Boater wrote:
John H wrote:
Looks like you better do some cross posting and get Cliff over here to
provide
some support for you!

--
****Happy Chanuka****

John H

Bite me!

Oh...and though I am not Jewish, I do know how to spell the names of
religious holidays.

Hold still while I paste a gold star on your forehead.

Happy Kwanzaa

"Boater" wrote in message
John H wrote:
Looks like you better do some cross posting and get Cliff over here to
provide
some support for you!

--
****Happy Chanuka****

John H

Bite me!

Oh...and though I am not Jewish, I do know how to spell the names of
religious holidays.

For future reference, Chanuka, Hanukkah, Channukah, Chanukka or any of the
other dozen or more variations are considered correct. It's a Hebrew word
for which there's no direct English translation. Some interpretations are
used more commonly than others, but there's no "correct" way to spell it.

Eisboch

Jim Jim is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
John H wrote:
Looks like you better do some cross posting and get Cliff over here to
provide
some support for you!

--
****Happy Chanuka****

John H

Bite me!

Oh...and though I am not Jewish, I do know how to spell the names of
religious holidays.

For future reference, Chanuka, Hanukkah, Channukah, Chanukka or any of the
other dozen or more variations are considered correct. It's a Hebrew word
for which there's no direct English translation. Some interpretations are
used more commonly than others, but there's no "correct" way to spell it.

Eisboch

How embarrassing for the great pretender. ;-)

Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
John H wrote:
Looks like you better do some cross posting and get Cliff over here to
provide
some support for you!

--
****Happy Chanuka****

John H

Bite me!

Oh...and though I am not Jewish, I do know how to spell the names of
religious holidays.

For future reference, Chanuka, Hanukkah, Channukah, Chanukka or any of the
other dozen or more variations are considered correct. It's a Hebrew word
for which there's no direct English translation. Some interpretations are
used more commonly than others, but there's no "correct" way to spell it.

Eisboch

I've never seen it spelled "Chanuka." I have seen it spelled Chanukah.
Mostly, I have seen it spelled Hanukkah. Salmonbreath's spelling
obviously is the one preferred by the culturally illiterate.

No Jews in Amity spelled it Chanuka.

"Boater" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
John H wrote:
[...]

I have it on good authority that it's acceptable to spell it phonetically.
However you hear it, in other words.
John's spelling of "Chanuka" is used, not as often as others, but it's used.

http://www.eisboch.com/sry.mp3

Eisboch

On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 10:01:08 -0500, Boater wrote:

John H wrote:
Looks like you better do some cross posting and get Cliff over here to provide
some support for you!

--
****Happy Chanuka****

John H

Bite me!

Oh...and though I am not Jewish, I do know how to spell the names of
religious holidays.

Oh my. You deny being Jewish. I must have been mistaken. I apologize for my
mistake.

My bad, I left off an 'h'.
--
****Happy Chanukah****

John H

Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
John H wrote:
Looks like you better do some cross posting and get Cliff over here to
provide
some support for you!

--
****Happy Chanuka****

John H

Bite me!

Oh...and though I am not Jewish, I do know how to spell the names of
religious holidays.

For future reference, Chanuka, Hanukkah, Channukah, Chanukka or any of the
other dozen or more variations are considered correct. It's a Hebrew word
for which there's no direct English translation. Some interpretations are
used more commonly than others, but there's no "correct" way to spell it.

Eisboch

I am sorry, you are wrong. If you want to know the correct way to do
anything, including translating and spelling Hebrew to English, just
ask Harry.

Boater wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
John H wrote:
[...]

Here are some more Jews you need to correct. What would we do without
Harry the almost Jew.

http://www.chanuka.com/
http://www.holidays.net/chanukah/spelling.htm

There seems to be some confusion surrounding the actual spelling of
Chanukah. Part of the reason for this confusion may be due to the fact
there is no exact English translation of the Hebrew word for Chanukah.

In fact we have received numerous emails requesting whether these
different spellings might also be different holidays. So to help clear
up some of the confusion we would like to present a number of the
different spellings one might encounter.

Chanuka
Chanukah
Chanukkah
Channukah
Hanukah
Hannukah
Hanukkah
Hanuka
Hanukka
Hanaka
Haneka
Hanika
Khanukkah

Yo Harry John H. General 3 December 21st 07 07:29 PM
Thanks for tip Harry ... Harry Krause General 1 September 20th 04 05:05 PM
Hey Harry Short Wave Sportfishing General 4 September 8th 04 01:09 AM
Hey Harry.... Short Wave Sportfishing General 6 September 5th 04 10:05 PM