Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Political Poesy

Anyone see Cal Trillin on Morning Joe today?

Among other things, Trillin writes instant poetry. He had a great one on
Romney:

Mitt Romney As Doll

Yes, Mitt's so slick of speech and slick of garb, he
Reminds us all of Ken, of Ken and Barbie —
So quick to shed his moderate regalia,
He may, like Ken, be lacking genitalia.

And for Bertie's intellectual mentor, Sarah Palin:

On a Clear Day, I See
Vladivostok
(The Barbra Streisand standard as sung by Sarah Palin)

On a clear day
I see Vladivostok,
So I know world affairs.
Don't say, "No way."
Though I know elites mock,
It's osmosis that does it — well, that and our prayers.
And Joe Biden sees New Jersey from his shore.
And that's just a state. That doesn't rate. It's me who knows the score.
On a clear day,
On a clear day,
I see Vladivostok . . .
And Novosibirsk . . .
And Krasnoyarsk . . .
And Novokuznetsk . . .
And Omsk . . .
And Tomsk . . .
And more!

Non political, political post Eisboch General 27 December 22nd 07 04:07 AM
G**gle goes political... [email protected] General 44 October 15th 07 07:40 PM
Some non political OT... Short Wave Sportfishing General 3 December 7th 04 03:57 PM
OT-Political John Cairns ASA 0 October 27th 04 10:19 PM
OT Political Martin Baxter ASA 0 October 26th 04 02:38 PM