Short Wave Sportfishing

Default Some non political OT...

Here's some of my favorite John Stobart paintings for your enjoyment.

I'm very fond of this one.

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~tomf1...tIn1882-sj.jpg

My home town WAY back when. The building on the lower right actually
still exists and is part of the Boston Yacht Club. The stone salt box
behind Butler's Chandlery (which does not exist anymore) on the left
(it's behind Butler's) still exists, but it was moved higher on the
hill.

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~tomf123/StobartJohn-Marblehead-Appleton'sWharfIn1850-sj.jpg

I use this one as a desktop background - another painting I'm very
fond of. You may have to copy and paste the image.

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~tomf1...NewBedford%20%
(FromCenterStreetIn1884)-sj.jpg

I have a print of this one.

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~tomf1...parture-sj.jpg

The ships are the interesting part of this one:

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~tomf1...tIn1874-sj.jpg

Enjoy.

Later,

Tom
Don White

Here's some of my favorite John Stobart paintings for your enjoyment.

We have a Dusan Kadlec in these parts who has done a number of 1800's era
paintings of the Halifax waterfront.
When I went to his first exhibition, his paintings were almost afordable.
now i'd have to be satisfied with a print.
see ** http://new-brunswick.net/marcopolo/kalec.html **

Gary

Very nice Tom.
Thanks.

Short Wave Sportfishing

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 03:12:53 GMT, "Don White"

.. .
Here's some of my favorite John Stobart paintings for your enjoyment.

We have a Dusan Kadlec in these parts who has done a number of 1800's era
paintings of the Halifax waterfront.
When I went to his first exhibition, his paintings were almost afordable.
now i'd have to be satisfied with a print.
see ** http://new-brunswick.net/marcopolo/kalec.html **

Hanging right over "there" on the wall is a print of this one:

http://new-brunswick.net/marcopolo/i...able/tship.jpg

Beautiful paintings - thanks for the link.

Later,

Tom