Default On-Topic (and My Apologies)

I realized my selfishness in watching the news of the moment compelled
me to make an off-topic post about Hillary and the Dow.
I should move the TV so I can't see/hear it from the computer.
Nah.
We all know off-topic stuff is frowned upon here, so I'll try to make
amends with this on-topic post.
What's boat would you like to have, other than the one you currently
own? But only what you can afford.
What do you think of O'hara's Tolman?
Could O'hara and Eisboch pool their resources and invent a new boat?
Ever want to build your own boat? (Don't answer, Scotty)
Anybody here actually fish from a canoe?

Ok, that's enough for now.

--Vic

Vic Smith wrote:
I realized my selfishness in watching the news of the moment compelled
me to make an off-topic post about Hillary and the Dow.
I should move the TV so I can't see/hear it from the computer.
Nah.
We all know off-topic stuff is frowned upon here, so I'll try to make
amends with this on-topic post.
What's boat would you like to have, other than the one you currently
own? But only what you can afford.
What do you think of O'hara's Tolman?
Could O'hara and Eisboch pool their resources and invent a new boat?
Ever want to build your own boat? (Don't answer, Scotty)
Anybody here actually fish from a canoe?

Ok, that's enough for now.

--Vic

1. I'm thinking of pulling an Eisboch, selling the boats I have now, and
buying a new boat after the "thaw."

2. Not to my taste. I'd rather have a nice dory.

3. Eisboch might; O'Hara's would blow up.

4. Nope. Though I did help build a couple of boats for others.

6. Yup.

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 16:17:40 -0500, Boater
wrote:

Anybody here actually fish from a canoe?

6. Yup.

So tell us about it. Don't need a novel.

--Vic

wrote:

Anybody here actually fish from a canoe?

6. Yup.

So tell us about it. Don't need a novel.

--Vic

It's no big deal. Out on the Shenandoah and some of it branches. Very
light spinning gear for smallies, and light fly tackle for trout. It's
no big deal to cast small spin or fly tackle from a canoe. We have a
half interest in an Old Town model 169, green, which we bought used from
an outfitter. We bought a used canoe previously from the same outfitter,
and literally wore it out.

wrote:

Anybody here actually fish from a canoe?

6. Yup.

So tell us about it. Don't need a novel.

--Vic

It's no big deal. Out on the Shenandoah and some of it branches. Very
light spinning gear for smallies, and light fly tackle for trout. It's
no big deal to cast small spin or fly tackle from a canoe. We have a
half interest in an Old Town model 169, green, which we bought used from
an outfitter. We bought a used canoe previously from the same outfitter,
and literally wore it out.

I always wanted to do a couple week canoe trip in the Boundary Waters
- Minn/Canada border.
Walleyes and Northerns were the attraction, though it's supposed to be
pretty up there too. I understand there's some hassle in getting
camping permits last I looked.
Anyway, I've given up on fresh water, and prefer salt.
Was surprised to see a kayaker fishing by the Sunshine bridge in Tampa
Bay, and wondered how he would land anything of size.
He never got close enough where I could talk to him.
But it did look like it could be fun.
Cheap, if strenuous.

--Vic

wrote:

[...]

I wouldn't go canoeing or kayaking in waters where there are lots of
other boats, especially large powerboats. When we lived in Florida, I
saw canoes and 'yaks swamped/tipped a couple of times by passing
powerboats. No one was hurt, but they could have been.

Where I canoe, there really are no powerboats of consequence, just
canoes and rafts, the river isn't too wide, and in many places it is
only waist deep. Or less. Perfect for a klutzy canoe guy like me.

I love the river there because the water is crystal clear much of the
time, the river bottom is spectacular and the banks are both rural (with
cows) and heavily wooded. Very pretty.
DK DK is offline

wrote:

Anybody here actually fish from a canoe?

6. Yup.

So tell us about it. Don't need a novel.

--Vic

It's no big deal. Out on the Shenandoah and some of it branches. Very
light spinning gear for smallies, and light fly tackle for trout. It's
no big deal to cast small spin or fly tackle from a canoe. We have a
half interest in an Old Town model 169, green, which we bought used from
an outfitter. We bought a used canoe previously from the same outfitter,
and literally wore it out.

"We"? So you have a quarter interest in a canoe and ZERO interest in a
house. Sucks to be you, WAFA.

DK wrote:
wrote:

Anybody here actually fish from a canoe?

6. Yup.

So tell us about it. Don't need a novel.

--Vic

It's no big deal. Out on the Shenandoah and some of it branches. Very
light spinning gear for smallies, and light fly tackle for trout. It's
no big deal to cast small spin or fly tackle from a canoe. We have a
half interest in an Old Town model 169, green, which we bought used
from an outfitter. We bought a used canoe previously from the same
outfitter, and literally wore it out.

"We"? So you have a quarter interest in a canoe and ZERO interest in a
house. Sucks to be you, WAFA.

Hehehe. You're still and always will be...an idiot.

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 20:04:29 -0500, DK wrote:

wrote:

Anybody here actually fish from a canoe?

6. Yup.

So tell us about it. Don't need a novel.

--Vic

It's no big deal. Out on the Shenandoah and some of it branches. Very
light spinning gear for smallies, and light fly tackle for trout. It's
no big deal to cast small spin or fly tackle from a canoe. We have a
half interest in an Old Town model 169, green, which we bought used from
an outfitter. We bought a used canoe previously from the same outfitter,
and literally wore it out.

"We"? So you have a quarter interest in a canoe and ZERO interest in a
house. Sucks to be you, WAFA.

Was this thread too peaceful?
--
John H.
DK DK is offline

Boater wrote:
Vic Smith wrote:
[...]

Boats? Sure.

You might want to keep the "lobster boat". You may have to live in it
if you **** off the old lady.

*My* Apologies to All Starbuck's Words of Wisdom General 29 October 8th 05 04:49 PM
*My* Apologies to All *JimH* General 38 October 7th 05 09:46 PM
Apologies in advance - ignore Shortwave Sportfishing General 1 July 20th 05 03:06 AM
( OT ) Beyond Apologies General 2 May 19th 04 12:20 AM
OT apologies Chris Boat Building 17 December 13th 03 04:10 AM