Default On-Topic (and My Apologies)

On Nov 21, 4:17*pm, Boater wrote:
Vic Smith wrote:
I realized my selfishness in watching the news of the moment compelled
me to make an off-topic post about Hillary and the Dow.
I should move the TV so I can't see/hear it from the computer.
Nah.
We all know off-topic stuff is frowned upon here, so I'll try to make
amends with this on-topic post.
What's boat would you like to have, other than the one you currently
own? *But only what you can afford.
What do you think of O'hara's Tolman?
Could O'hara and Eisboch pool their resources and invent a new boat?
Ever want to build your own boat? (Don't answer, Scotty)
Anybody here actually fish from a canoe?

Ok, that's enough for now.

--Vic

1. I'm thinking of pulling an Eisboch, selling the boats I have now, and
buying a new boat after the "thaw."

Does that include the alleged Zimmerman like lobster boat. Send a
picture, I may be interested.

2. Not to my taste. I'd rather have a nice dory.

Of course.

3. Eisboch might; O'Hara's would blow up.

That statement shows your stupidity. What do you know about the
condition of OHara's boat?

4. Nope. Though I did help build a couple of boats for others.

Liar.

6. Yup.-

Liar.

On Nov 21, 7:46*pm, Vic Smith wrote:
On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 19:35:38 -0500, "Eisboch"
wrote:

Ummmm.... I've fished from a canoe.

And how did you like it?
Any suggestions as to landing big fish, it that happened?
Sort of hoping you or O'hara would have some boat design ideas.
Here's some:http://www.rexresearch.com/boats/1boat.htm

--Vic

When I lived in Florida, we used canoes to get back in the swamps
where the BIG bass lived! We'd go back in and camp for a weekend every
month or so. Loved it in the swamps. Have to walk and pull your canoe
behind you sometimes, just part of the game. So, anyway, I've fished
from a canoe for hours at a time.

On Nov 21, 8:17*pm, Boater wrote:
DK wrote:
Boater wrote:
Vic Smith wrote:
On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 16:17:40 -0500, Boater
wrote:

Anybody here actually fish from a canoe?

6. Yup.

So tell us about it. *Don't need a novel.

--Vic

It's no big deal. Out on the Shenandoah and some of it branches. Very
light spinning gear for smallies, and light fly tackle for trout. It's
no big deal to cast small spin or fly tackle from a canoe. We have a
half interest in an Old Town model 169, green, which we bought used
from an outfitter. We bought a used canoe previously from the same
outfitter, and literally wore it out.

"We"? *So you have a quarter interest in a canoe and ZERO interest in a
house. *Sucks to be you, WAFA.

Hehehe. *You're still and always will be...an idiot.- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, he should know better than to think you actually have the things
you try and get people to believe you have.

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 21:43:04 -0600, Jim Willemin
wrote:

Vic Smith wrote in
:

I realized my selfishness in watching the news of the moment compelled
me to make an off-topic post about Hillary and the Dow.
I should move the TV so I can't see/hear it from the computer.
Nah.
We all know off-topic stuff is frowned upon here, so I'll try to make
amends with this on-topic post.
What's boat would you like to have, other than the one you currently
own? But only what you can afford.
What do you think of O'hara's Tolman?
Could O'hara and Eisboch pool their resources and invent a new boat?
Ever want to build your own boat? (Don't answer, Scotty)
Anybody here actually fish from a canoe?

Ok, that's enough for now.

--Vic

I fish from a canoe all the time - it is a magnificent trolling vessel,
quiet, slow, maneuverable - and lots of fun if you happen to tie into a
lunker smallmouth, who can take you for a Nantucket sleigh ride. There
are limitations - casting from a kneeling position is limited, and after
several hours one becomes somewhat stiff (watching me roll out of the
canoe onto a dock and then trying to stand is one of the comic
highlights of the week), but by and large I love fishing from a canoe.
Three inch draft is also a plus sometimes.

I think my knee joints will be sorely tested. But I won't know until
I try it. I'm actually getting interested, tending toward yak.
Thanks.

--Vic

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 20:12:04 -0800, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
.. .
I realized my selfishness in watching the news of the moment compelled
me to make an off-topic post about Hillary and the Dow.
I should move the TV so I can't see/hear it from the computer.
Nah.
We all know off-topic stuff is frowned upon here, so I'll try to make
amends with this on-topic post.
What's boat would you like to have, other than the one you currently
own? But only what you can afford.
What do you think of O'hara's Tolman?
Could O'hara and Eisboch pool their resources and invent a new boat?
Ever want to build your own boat? (Don't answer, Scotty)
Anybody here actually fish from a canoe?

Ok, that's enough for now.

--Vic

2 other boats. One I am actively looking for, and the 2nd would probably
not pass SWMBO's approval First is a Hobie Outback or Revolution. Used as
I am thrifty, and since they do not really wearout, save $7-800 on new. 2nd
would be a smaller river jetboat. For some local real skinny water. I have
thought of building one. But storage would be aproblem. For the use I
would give it, probably not worth the $80 / month storage and the $8-9K to
build it. Welded 1/4 aluminum bottom.

I googled the Rev and was surprised at all the yak stuff out there.
Hardly ever see one around here, or where I've been in Florida.
And since a "senior" guy like you is fishing in the mighty Pacific
ocean from a kayak, I'm getting interested.
Always thought it was for kids and hardy Eskimos.
Second time today I feel like a dope.

--Vic

Vic Smith wrote in
:

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 21:43:04 -0600, Jim Willemin
wrote:

Vic Smith wrote in
m:

[...]

Actually, teh knees ain't so bad - most of your weight is on your butt
anyhow. Although I have only handlined from a kayak, I like the fact
that when a fish strikes while trolling I can grab the rod with one
hand, ship the paddle behind me with the other, easily get the net, and
also have lots of room inboard to remove hooks and such. I also like to
take lots of tackle and a couple of rods, which I can do easily in a
canoe. I also like to take my sweetie, which is lots easier in a
canoe..

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 20:12:04 -0800, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

I also freedive and used to scuba. Son in law is into scuba and would like
me go with him at times. Problem is my body is growing old and the mind is
not advancing in time.

"Jim Willemin" wrote in message
.131...
Vic Smith wrote in
:

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 21:43:04 -0600, Jim Willemin
wrote:

Vic Smith wrote in
:

[...]

My sweetie paddles the tandem kayak while her sweetie fishes. Life is good
at times.

D K D K is offline

Boater wrote:
DK wrote:
wrote:

Anybody here actually fish from a canoe?

6. Yup.

So tell us about it. Don't need a novel.

--Vic

It's no big deal. Out on the Shenandoah and some of it branches. Very
light spinning gear for smallies, and light fly tackle for trout.
It's no big deal to cast small spin or fly tackle from a canoe. We
have a half interest in an Old Town model 169, green, which we bought
used from an outfitter. We bought a used canoe previously from the
same outfitter, and literally wore it out.

"We"? So you have a quarter interest in a canoe and ZERO interest in
a house. Sucks to be you, WAFA.

Hehehe. You're still and always will be...an idiot.

Idiot? I *own* my house.

*My* Apologies to All Starbuck's Words of Wisdom General 29 October 8th 05 04:49 PM
*My* Apologies to All *JimH* General 38 October 7th 05 09:46 PM
Apologies in advance - ignore Shortwave Sportfishing General 1 July 20th 05 03:06 AM
( OT ) Beyond Apologies General 2 May 19th 04 12:20 AM
OT apologies Chris Boat Building 17 December 13th 03 04:10 AM