Default Kind of ironic...

"Boater" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

The military hardware that would impress me is "intel." It doesn't
matter what hardware toys you have so long as your intel sucks. Ours
sucks.

Everything to do with America sucks to you. You've made that very
clear.

Eisboch

Absolutely, completely wrong. The country is great...but our current top
political leadership in the White House sucks.

Oh. Sorry. I thought you just said our intel sucks.
Oh, wait. You *did*.

Eisboch

Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

The military hardware that would impress me is "intel." It doesn't
matter what hardware toys you have so long as your intel sucks. Ours
sucks.

Everything to do with America sucks to you. You've made that very
clear.

Eisboch

Absolutely, completely wrong. The country is great...but our current top
political leadership in the White House sucks.

Oh. Sorry. I thought you just said our intel sucks.
Oh, wait. You *did*.

Eisboch

Our intel does suck. It sucks because for the last eight years we have
been depending upon do-dads and torture instead of highly trained,
multi-lingual assets.

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 14:49:00 GMT, Steve wrote:

What will probably end up happening to solve the problem is that
either the shipping companies will tell all their captains to give
that area a much wider berth or they'll start hiring security forces
to protect the ships and not make them such easy targets. A 24 hour
watch with a few mounted and armored .50 cal machine guns will ruin
the day of those pirates in their speedboats.

When you're hauling $100,000,000 in cargo, the cost of a few extra
crew and some machine guns is irrelevant and is probably cheaper than
going around the area.

Think they're going to need more than .50's.
These Somali idiots are pretty well armed, and nutso.
They could have blasted that oil tanker with RPG rounds at the least.
And like I said, they're nuts.
It's going to take some serious killing of Somali pirates before it
stops. Probably land bombing/missile strikes.
There will be collateral damage.

--Vic

"Boater" wrote in message
Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 07:51:22 -0500, Boater
wrote:

...the world's mightiest navy, the US Navy, can't handle the Somali
pirates. It's yet another example of how unprepared for the 21st Century
our military forces are.

Do you do this just to be an ass or are you serious?

I would think that somebody who, in theory, has blue water experience
would figure out that, well, the ocean is a pretty big freakin' place.

It's not like patrolling the highways and byways of the country.

Besides, why don't these ships have private security? Or for that
matter, arm the crew with anti-tank weapons? Nothing like sinking a
few of these little *******s and leaving the pirate crews for the
sharks to deal with for deterrance.

The Horn of Africa pirates present the shipping nations of the world with
a unique opportunity to band together and eliminate a scourge. It wouldn't
take much in the way of George H.W. Bush diplomacy to get an agreement
from the injured party nations to band together and finance a fleet of
ships and planes through money and contribution of forces to blow the
pirates out of the water. It's not like the pirates are invisible to
eyesight or radar. Who is going to object? The non-existent government of
Somalia?

What *is* our Navy doing these days, anyway? Not much. Working with ships
from other nations to rid the seas of these pirates would be good exercise
for naval personnel and equipment.

If we can spend $10 billion a month on a trumped-up war against Iraq, a
war that isn't going to give us crap, we certainly can divert some of
those finds to taking care of little bands of pirates armed with popguns.

Not a US ship. You are the one who wants us to stay out of other peoples
countries. Saudi ship, Saudi's can handle the problem. US ship we
eliminate 100,000 Somali's. That work?

Calif Bill wrote:
wrote:

[...]

Are you saying that the only way our military can work is by killing
thousands of non-involved civilians?

That's outrageous.

"Boater" wrote in message
Calif Bill wrote:
wrote:

[...]

Uninvolved? Who said thousands of uninvolved?

Jim Jim is offline

Boater wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

The military hardware that would impress me is "intel." It doesn't
matter what hardware toys you have so long as your intel sucks.
Ours sucks.

Everything to do with America sucks to you. You've made that very
clear.

Eisboch

Absolutely, completely wrong. The country is great...but our current
top political leadership in the White House sucks.

Oh. Sorry. I thought you just said our intel sucks.
Oh, wait. You *did*.

Eisboch

Our intel does suck. It sucks because for the last eight years we have
been depending upon do-dads and torture instead of highly trained,
multi-lingual assets.

How about a big round of suck for Congress as long as you are in a sucky
mood.

Jim wrote:
Boater wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

The military hardware that would impress me is "intel." It doesn't
matter what hardware toys you have so long as your intel sucks.
Ours sucks.

Everything to do with America sucks to you. You've made that very
clear.

Eisboch

Absolutely, completely wrong. The country is great...but our current
top political leadership in the White House sucks.

Oh. Sorry. I thought you just said our intel sucks.
Oh, wait. You *did*.

Eisboch

Our intel does suck. It sucks because for the last eight years we have
been depending upon do-dads and torture instead of highly trained,
multi-lingual assets.

How about a big round of suck for Congress as long as you are in a sucky
mood.

Fear not...in January, the plans begin to wind down our era of stupidity
in Iraq.

"Boater" wrote in message
Jim wrote:
Boater wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

[...]

I will make this prediction:

Obama will withdraw us from Iraq on the same time line and schedule that the
Bush administration has already established.

Like under Bush, it will be based on the recommendations of military
commanders on the ground and foreign policy experts. There may be a big
deal made of bringing home a few thousand troops at a time to give the
appearance of honoring his campaign commitment, but for all intents and
purposes it will still be the existing withdrawal plan.

If Obama tries to play General, overrules his advisors, pulls out too
quickly and any stability that has been accomplished in Iraq dissolves, he
will have his first major foreign policy blunder.

Eisboch

What kind of fish was it? jack General 6 August 7th 08 01:11 PM
My Kind of Day... HK General 20 February 8th 08 02:26 PM
What Kind Of Boats Are They BAR General 13 November 14th 07 01:31 AM
isn't it ironic Scotty ASA 19 November 7th 06 02:20 PM
My kind of Gal! JoAnn Castle ASA 6 October 6th 03 11:24 PM