Senior Member

Default Trailer liability?

Took the Chevy Blazer and the flatbed trailer 4X8 to the post office
today. No place to park so I stuck it in a spot and the trailer was
hanging out in the lane and ran inside the post office. A guy in a new
truck backs out af an adjacent spot and hits my trailer, now he want
to sue me for damage to his truck. Am I liable or is he responsible?
Any Ideas?

Scotty

wrote in message
Took the Chevy Blazer and the flatbed trailer 4X8 to the post office
today. No place to park so I stuck it in a spot and the trailer was
hanging out in the lane and ran inside the post office. A guy in a new
truck backs out af an adjacent spot and hits my trailer, now he want
to sue me for damage to his truck. Am I liable or is he responsible?
Any Ideas?

Scotty

You may have been illegally parked, but he was the only vehicle in motion.

Beats me.

Eisboch

wrote in message
Took the Chevy Blazer and the flatbed trailer 4X8 to the post office
today. No place to park so I stuck it in a spot and the trailer was
hanging out in the lane and ran inside the post office. A guy in a new
truck backs out af an adjacent spot and hits my trailer, now he want
to sue me for damage to his truck. Am I liable or is he responsible?
Any Ideas?

Scotty

Yeah. Move to Alaska.

wrote in message
Took the Chevy Blazer and the flatbed trailer 4X8 to the post office
today. No place to park so I stuck it in a spot and the trailer was
hanging out in the lane and ran inside the post office. A guy in a new
truck backs out af an adjacent spot and hits my trailer, now he want
to sue me for damage to his truck. Am I liable or is he responsible?
Any Ideas?

Scotty

In a parking lot??
Believe I heard around here it's 50/50 split.

"Don White" wrote in message

wrote in message
Took the Chevy Blazer and the flatbed trailer 4X8 to the post office
today. No place to park so I stuck it in a spot and the trailer was
hanging out in the lane and ran inside the post office. A guy in a new
truck backs out af an adjacent spot and hits my trailer, now he want
to sue me for damage to his truck. Am I liable or is he responsible?
Any Ideas?

Scotty

In a parking lot??
Believe I heard around here it's 50/50 split.

Where I come from, you hit a stationary object while you are driving, your
fault.

"Canuck57" wrote in message

"Don White" wrote in message

wrote in message
Took the Chevy Blazer and the flatbed trailer 4X8 to the post office
today. No place to park so I stuck it in a spot and the trailer was
hanging out in the lane and ran inside the post office. A guy in a new
truck backs out af an adjacent spot and hits my trailer, now he want
to sue me for damage to his truck. Am I liable or is he responsible?
Any Ideas?

Scotty

In a parking lot??
Believe I heard around here it's 50/50 split.

Where I come from, you hit a stationary object while you are driving, your
fault.

When the guy fell asleep in the rental car and hit my parked truck in the
parking lot, was 100% his fault. What was amazing, was the body shop's
estimate was about what my truck was worth. Bent the bumper and the fender
mount so the tailgate was misaligned to the fender. $2200.

Senior Member

On Nov 16, 3:15*pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
"Canuck57" wrote in message

"Don White" wrote in message
.. .

wrote in message
Took the Chevy Blazer and the flatbed trailer 4X8 to the post office
today. No place to park so I stuck it in a spot and the trailer was
hanging out in the lane and ran inside the post office. A guy in a new
truck backs out af an adjacent spot and hits my trailer, now he want
to sue me for damage to his truck. Am I liable or is he responsible?
Any Ideas?

Scotty

In a parking lot??
Believe I heard around here it's 50/50 split.

Where I come from, you hit a stationary object while you are driving, your
fault.

When the guy fell asleep in the rental car and hit my parked truck in the
parking lot, was 100% his fault. *What was amazing, was the body shop's
estimate was about what my truck was worth. *Bent the bumper and the fender
mount so the tailgate was misaligned to the fender. *$2200.- Hide quoted text -

Holy frekin ****!!! I just remembered where I met this guy before..
It
was about two months ago, he actually bumped the back of my wifes car
at a stop light. The bitch of the whole thing is I had a tiny scratch
but told him to go ahead and forget about it.. I gave the guy a
break.
He said he didn't see my brake lights that time, apparently the guy
doesn't watch where he is going.. If you saw him you would know. He
has a custom plate, the obligatory tuff guy stickers on his rear
window, a huge washed up wananna be jock.. Just can't beleive he is
driving around like that, wonder how many others have given him a
break. This guy is the stereotypical ashole.. man, can't believe I
let
him off and now he is trying to screw me.... I am sooooo ****ed...

"Canuck57" wrote in message

"Don White" wrote in message
wrote in message
[...]

Better watch it; he's liable to bounce you down the stairs.
Jim Jim is offline

"Canuck57" wrote in message

"Don White" wrote in message
wrote in message
[...]

You might have bumped into krousie and nor realized it.