posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default furuno 1623 and humminbird gps sensor

Electronics seem like a black art to this old duffer so please excuse
what may seem like a naive question. A relative recently gave me his
used Furuno 1623 radar. I have an extra humminbird gps sensor sitting on
the boat. Can I hook this, or any other non Furuno gps sensor to the
nmea hookup on the radar and expect it to work? Thanks in advance for
any advice

posted to rec.boats.electronics

Probably. NMEA is NMEA.
I have a Garmin198C Sounder connected to my Furuno 1622 radar. Before I
bought the sounder, I had a handheld Garmin GPS 12 connected to the Furuno.

Radar Furuno 1623 Len Cruising 2 March 30th 07 08:48 PM
Furuno 1623 radar 7 pin plug Rob Electronics 0 May 20th 04 01:01 PM
FS: Humminbird Fishfinder in NY Bobsprit Marketplace 1 April 29th 04 04:17 AM
Video Interface Cable. Furuno RP-110 <> Furuno Radar Steve Electronics 2 March 27th 04 09:15 PM
RADAR CHOICE - JRC 1000/1500, Furuno 1623, Raymarine SL72 Rob Electronics 15 February 10th 04 09:11 PM