BoatBanter.com

-   Electronics (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   furuno 1623 and humminbird gps sensor (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/91888-furuno-1623-humminbird-gps-sensor.html)

Richard Wilford March 6th 08 05:07 AM

furuno 1623 and humminbird gps sensor

Electronics seem like a black art to this old duffer so please excuse
what may seem like a naive question. A relative recently gave me his
used Furuno 1623 radar. I have an extra humminbird gps sensor sitting on
the boat. Can I hook this, or any other non Furuno gps sensor to the
nmea hookup on the radar and expect it to work? Thanks in advance for
any advice

William Andersen March 6th 08 06:36 AM

furuno 1623 and humminbird gps sensor

Probably. NMEA is NMEA.
I have a Garmin198C Sounder connected to my Furuno 1622 radar. Before I
bought the sounder, I had a handheld Garmin GPS 12 connected to the Furuno.