posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default External Power Source

I have an Adaptec USB card model AUA-1420A for my laptop computer. The card
has a plug for an external power source. The documentation says it needs a 5
volt DC, 1.5 amp output with a P-7 connector (3.5-mm outside and 1.3-mm
inside diameter) positive center.

Searching the internet I can't find a source. Does anyone here know of a
retail source? I probably have over 20 external power supplies in my junk
pile, but nothing will work.

Pat Harman

posted to rec.boats.electronics

"Patrick Harman" wrote in
:

(3.5-mm outside and 1.3-mm
inside diameter) positive center.

http://tinyurl.com/6lca3

5V 3A Switcher that will run on any voltage/freq worldwide from
100VAC to 240VAC for $16....but it has the wrong plug on it you
may have to change if it won't make contact or fit.

rp electronics may have others you might like. I didn't look
through all thousands of them.

Larry
--
Disclaimer - I'm not associated with RP Electronics in any way,
have never ordered a power supply from them and don't know any of

It's not my commercial spammer website.

posted to rec.boats.electronics

Larry.

I checked out your recommendation. I found what can do job for me, bur I
will e-mail the company to get their blessing, and order the power supply.

Thank you for your rapid solution to my dilemma

Pat Harman

"Larry" wrote in message
"Patrick Harman" wrote in
:

(3.5-mm outside and 1.3-mm
inside diameter) positive center.

http://tinyurl.com/6lca3

5V 3A Switcher that will run on any voltage/freq worldwide from
100VAC to 240VAC for $16....but it has the wrong plug on it you
may have to change if it won't make contact or fit.

rp electronics may have others you might like. I didn't look
through all thousands of them.

Larry
--
Disclaimer - I'm not associated with RP Electronics in any way,
have never ordered a power supply from them and don't know any of
the girls who answer the phone, dammit, either.

It's not my commercial spammer website.

posted to rec.boats.electronics

"Patrick Harman" wrote in
:

Thank you for your rapid solution to my dilemma

No problemo. You could have solved it, yourself, by putting the
basic information you posted into the Google search engine, just
like I did.

There were thousands of companies besides this one.

Larry
--
You can tell there's extremely
intelligent life in the universe