posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default The great wire trace rant.

Thanks to everyone. I will buy a toner asap.
- Allen

posted to rec.boats.electronics

"bushman" wrote in message
Everything on the boat has been working fine. I just like order and things
will stop working eventually so better to have the documentation now.
- Allen

Everyone has mentioned tone trackers to help you locate wires but, I didn't
see anyone mention color coding specific to boats. Do yourself a favor and
try to locate a copy of the ABYC standards for electrical systems. That will
help you to identify what circuits you are looking at as far as color
coding. Also, you had asked about wire marking. You can buy wire ties with
write on tabs to mark the wires you have checked.

AndyK.