Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to rec.boats.electronics
Bob

Default Wiring a 120 V AC 15 amp Receptical, Pigtail okay?

Hi:
I am about to install two new 120 V AC receptacles on the same circuit
in my cabin. Have boat cable 12-3 awg B-W-G for a 15 amp circuit and
will use 10-12 captive spade connectors to attach to receptacle. Here
is my question.

Is it Kosher to pigtail the AC receptacle to the circuit using 10-12
butt connectors or those pigtail crimp on connectors? Or does ABYC
require a strip terminal/block or some other devious method? Ugg.

I wont do what residential electricians do using the receptacle to
"pass through" the circuit.
Suggestions?
Bob

wiring neatly William Andersen Electronics 11 May 29th 06 06:51 AM
Need a Good Book on Basic Wiring in a Boat For Beginner [email protected] General 26 November 23rd 05 04:45 PM
wiring help Blazer Fan Dan General 5 November 22nd 05 12:39 AM
Inverter Wiring Question Hoo General 7 November 16th 05 06:23 AM
Inverter Wiring Question Hoo Boat Building 7 November 16th 05 06:23 AM