posted to rec.boats.electronics
Bob

Default Wiring a 120 V AC 15 amp Receptical, Pigtail okay?

Wayne.B wrote:
On 1 Mar 2006 11:07:42 -0800, "Bob" wrote:

I wont do what residential electricians do using the receptacle to
"pass through" the circuit.

Why not? I see no issue with it if you are using crimp on ring
terminals.

Hi Wayne B:
Good question.......... not sure why. I guess I just engaged my mouth
(fingers?) before thinking.
I was a bit spooked by a few of the suggestions so far: wire nuts,
push-in connection with stranded wire?!?!

So sounds as though a good spec 15 amp receptacle using crimp-on
terminals and pass through to connect. Plus pigtailing the earth sounds
like a great idea. Makes sense. Thank you. Next time I'll put a bit
more think time in my post before I start typing. Thanks for getting me
back on track.
Bob