posted to rec.boats.electronics
Larry

Default Wiring a 120 V AC 15 amp Receptical, Pigtail okay?

"Bob" wrote in news:1141240062.361884.274120
@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com:

I wont do what residential electricians do using the receptacle to
"pass through" the circuit.
Suggestions?

I find all this professionalism amusing, considering the fireproof wooden
box the boat uses, instead of a proper NEMA breaker box, for the AC power
central point....(c;

Don'tcha just love those crappy little boat breakers they all use?

AS to the outlets, let's use outlets with brass screw terminals on them to
hold the wires tight beating in the waves, not some cheap push-in outlets
with the bent metal strip inside used in your $900,000 custom-made home
ashore. The wires are MUCH better and safer passing through fixed screw
terminals than the damned butt splices flopping around in the waves,
unsupported by anything.

Matter of fact, let's shock the hell out of the next guy who opens the
outlet and use RING, not spade, terminals on all the wires hooked to the
screws. We're not electricians under the gun to do 40 outlets every 8
hours, like the guys who wired your mansion, you know.

The ring terminals are better because they won't try to unscrew the screw
like wires wrapped around them always do. It's a vibration thing, ya know.

Ring terminals on an AC outlet....What the hell is the world coming to?!