posted to rec.boats.electronics
b393capt

Default Marine technology questions- Let us help?

My thoughts:

1. I agree with Bruce in Alaska, " I, for one would like to hear about
your expertiese in Marine Electronics
so as to make a judgement on the reliability of any advice you might
profer to any questions."

2. Dump your programmer. It's hopeless. My 10 year old daughter has
better web-site skills, and if she was doing your web-site, I would
still suggest you find some more talented programmer. If your
programmer needs guidence in the area of graphic user interfaces, which
you may very well be able to give him/her, what will you do when it
comes to things beyond your skill level ... like how he/she should meet
reasonable standards for protecting the security of our credit card
#'s, and other information.

3. Yes, great prices. Probably only thing saving you from a complete
drumming by this crowd. Maybe you have a chance with this crowd, if we
are convinced you took our warning about spamming to heart, if we grow
to believe your next web-site progammer can protect our credit card
data, and if we see good advice to our fellow members.

I don't decide anything, just telling you how it is. If it were not for
those prices, I would suggest you give up now ... maybe you still
should, considering all the "ifs above", it might be more productive to
get a new progammer, new login (instead of Pilot house Marine), and try
all over again with us.

posted to rec.boats.electronics
Larry

"Pilothouse Marine" wrote in
oups.com:

I hope that you all don't mind a little link in my signature, if so
then I will remove it.

The link is fine. The selling isn't. If the spamming weren't frowned
upon, these newsgroups would soon look like your average boat magazine, 80%
spam for every jackleg selling plumbing parts. See the point?

I was never intended as some have tried to use it, as a free advertising
medium. That's what webpages have become, negating most of their
usefulness. Every screen in America doesn't HAVE to be a billboard. God I
hate our TV like it is. I don't have one.

posted to rec.boats.electronics
DSK

Pilothouse Marine wrote:
Fair enough, and I apologize for that. My intention is above all to
become a productive member of this group and to try and answer whatever
questions I can field.

OK, what's your take on grounding SSB/HAM transmitter to
toerails? Other/better suggestions? How about the isolation
transformer question? Seems to me you have a great
opportunity to start with a bang here.

I hope that you all don't mind a little link in my signature, if so
then I will remove it.

No, I think that's cool with almost everyone.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

posted to rec.boats.electronics
b393capt

We were being easy on him ... and he's gone already ?