posted to rec.boats.electronics
Pilothouse Marine

Default Marine technology questions- Let us help?

Greetings folks.

My name is Zachary Brown, and I am with Pilothouse Marine- a supplier
of affordable high-end marine electroncs. I am a new reader to your
group, and I would like to offer my services as both a supplier of
marine electronics, and a source to answer your questions that you may
have.

I will do my best to answer your questions and to become a productive
member of this group.

In the mean time, don't be afraid to visit our site at
www.pilothousemarine.com.

We are running a special on the Garmin Nuvi 350, for just $688.26.

Happy sailing.

-Zachary Brown
Pilothouse Marine | www.pilothousemarine.com

posted to rec.boats.electronics
Meindert Sprang

"Pilothouse Marine" wrote in message
oups.com...
Greetings folks.

My name is Zachary Brown, and I am with Pilothouse Marine- a supplier
of affordable high-end marine electroncs. I am a new reader to your
group, and I would like to offer my services as both a supplier of
marine electronics, and a source to answer your questions that you may
have.

I will do my best to answer your questions and to become a productive
member of this group.

In the mean time, don't be afraid to visit our site at
www.pilothousemarine.com.

Well I visited your site and two things struck me:
1) everytime I click on a link in the menu, a new browser window opens. This
is very annoying, to say the least.
2) why aren't you selling ShipModul NMEA multiplexers :-)

Meindert
www.shipmodul.com

posted to rec.boats.electronics
Glenn Ashmore

Like Meindert says opening a ton of new windows is a real PITA.

I did look at some of your prices and some are pretty good. However, after
prices when checking out a new vendor I look for a physical address. If I
don't find one I stop right there.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

"Pilothouse Marine" wrote in message
oups.com...
Greetings folks.

My name is Zachary Brown, and I am with Pilothouse Marine- a supplier
of affordable high-end marine electroncs. I am a new reader to your
group, and I would like to offer my services as both a supplier of
marine electronics, and a source to answer your questions that you may
have.

I will do my best to answer your questions and to become a productive
member of this group.

In the mean time, don't be afraid to visit our site at
www.pilothousemarine.com.

We are running a special on the Garmin Nuvi 350, for just $688.26.

Happy sailing.

-Zachary Brown
Pilothouse Marine | www.pilothousemarine.com

posted to rec.boats.electronics
Larry

"Pilothouse Marine" wrote in
oups.com:

We are running a special on the Garmin Nuvi 350, for just $688.26.

Oh, oh....A SPAMMER!

Zach, this is NOT an ad medium for your company. We don't care about your
specials, or your sales. NO SELLING HERE.

Read your internet ISP's Acceptable Use Policy (AUP). It forbids the
posting of spam, such as this wonderful offer above.

Pilothouse Marine isn't going to sell anything here. You're quite welcome
to join the conversations, get the hell beat out of you like the rest of us
while trying to help, not sell, to some boater brave enough to ask a
question and expose himself to usenet abuse....(c;

posted to rec.boats.electronics
Larry

"Meindert Sprang" wrote in
:

2) why aren't you selling ShipModul NMEA multiplexers :-)

Who? What?! NMEA?

posted to rec.boats.electronics
Pilothouse Marine

Fair enough, and I apologize for that. My intention is above all to
become a productive member of this group and to try and answer whatever
questions I can field.

Rest assured that I am not just a spammer, and although I am a
representative of the site, I also have a vested interest in
contributing to these discussions because I want to help and learn as
much as the next person.

I hope that you all don't mind a little link in my signature, if so
then I will remove it.

Happy sailing

-Zachary Brown
Pilothouse Marine | www.pilothousemarine.com

posted to rec.boats.electronics
Pilothouse Marine

A few things:
1- We know about the multiple windows that pop up. We are working with
our programmer now to get it fixed...What a fun task that is.

2- We will be more than willing to provide a physical address upon
request. We are in the middle of a few big moves so the address would
need to be changed very soon in the status quo.

Happy sailing!

-Zachary Brown
Pilothouse Marine | www.pilothousemarine.com

posted to rec.boats.electronics
Meindert Sprang

"Pilothouse Marine" wrote in message
oups.com...
A few things:
1- We know about the multiple windows that pop up. We are working with
our programmer now to get it fixed...What a fun task that is.

Mmm... Fun task? Maybe you should swap programmers. In fact, it takes a
special action to open a new window when clicking a link. Without that
special action, the new page is displayed in the same window, as it should
be.

2- We will be more than willing to provide a physical address upon
request. We are in the middle of a few big moves so the address would
need to be changed very soon in the status quo.

Well, nothing is changed as easy as an address on a web page....
Business rule #1: ALWAYS provide a physical address. It makes you exist in
the mind of a customer.

Meindert

posted to rec.boats.electronics
Bruce in Alaska

In article .com,
"Pilothouse Marine" wrote:

Greetings folks.

My name is Zachary Brown, and I am with Pilothouse Marine- a supplier
of affordable high-end marine electroncs. I am a new reader to your
group, and I would like to offer my services as both a supplier of
marine electronics, and a source to answer your questions that you may
have.

I will do my best to answer your questions and to become a productive
member of this group.

In the mean time, don't be afraid to visit our site at
www.pilothousemarine.com.

We are running a special on the Garmin Nuvi 350, for just $688.26.

Happy sailing.

-Zachary Brown
Pilothouse Marine | www.pilothousemarine.com

I, for one would like to hear about your expertiese in Marine Electronics
so as to make a judgement on the reliability of any advice you might
profer to any questions. There are folks here with "Exceeding" amounts
of Offical Wallpaper, and years of actuall Marine Electronics Design,
Installation, and Operational Experience. There have also been a double
handfull of "Johnny Come Lately" SalesDroid types, that have come and
GONE, due to their lack of technical understanding.

So Tell us about yourself.....

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @
posted to rec.boats.electronics

Pilothouse Marine wrote:

[snip]

Pilothouse Marine | www.pilothousemarine.com

Gadzooks, what a site! A bit of advice, dump your web designer and hire
a local highschool kid. You'd be better served. Horribly rendered with
Firefox, opens a new window on every click, ordering system isn't
secure at all. With no address or phone number you are not going to
instill any warm fuzzy feelings in your potential customers.