posted to rec.boats.electronics
DJ

Default BlueChart & Garmin GPS178C

Can somebody tell me if I can download (assuming I have a serial cord etc)
BlueChart Americas from my computer directly to the unit without having a
data card. And will it be functional on my GPS...it is on my
computer.......Will I need an unlock code also?
Thanks

DJ
posted to rec.boats.electronics
Arthur Kelley

You will need both the card, and the unlock code. The unlock code ties to a
unit code within the GPS itself. Bluecharts can be used with up to 2 units.

Art

"DJ" wrote in message
Can somebody tell me if I can download (assuming I have a serial cord etc)
BlueChart Americas from my computer directly to the unit without having a
data card. And will it be functional on my GPS...it is on my
computer.......Will I need an unlock code also?
Thanks

DJ

posted to rec.boats.electronics
Bjarke Christensen

Unfortunately it seems like Garmin have choosen to discontinue that feature.
My GPSmap162 has 2,5 Mb for downloadable maps, but it seems like Garmin
would rather like to lock in customers with proprietary memory chips

Bjarke