Oliver Fleming

Default FUGAWI DO NOT BUY IT!!!

HI,
Below is a copy of the letter I have sent to the Canadian Better
Business Bureau.

These people produce Navigation Software, however in their advertising they
do not state that they limit the installations to 2 machines. Had I known of
this limitation I would not have purchased the software. This is what is
known as in my country as
"sharp practice" and can lead to heavy fines and Jail time.It is difficult
to change from machine to machine if required. Even a reformat of the hard
drive and re-installation requires a phone call or internet connection. Not
always possible if one is in a remote area. Also response is slow and
hampered by stupid non relevant questions.
The program is also buggy and not yet of merchantable quality, some features
as in the instructions do not work.
I have no quarrel with a company who wishes to limit the use of the
software, however this should be made plain in the advertising hype.

Oliver Fleming

A request for a RMA for return of the software is ignored with no
explanation.
Buy it and regret with leisure.

Oliver Fleming

Badger

Oliver Fleming wrote:
[...]

Ask for your money back
Tom Dacon

You should consider yourself lucky that they let you install the software on
more than one machine at all. Generally the license you buy software under
limits you to just a single installation. While it's true that many software
installation programs don't check, and thus you can often install software
on multiple machines without problems, the end user license agreement (EULA)
on almost all retail software limits you to an installation on a single
machine. If you purchase software and install it on multiple machines as a
matter of course, you are almost certainly violating some of the EULA's you
agreed to when you purchased the software.

So Fugawi's licensing terms are actually more liberal than the norm. For a
non-business user, two computers seems to be a reasonable number: a desktop
computer at home, perhaps, and a laptop computer on the boat.

Best regards,
Tom Dacon
Dacon Software Consulting

"Oliver Fleming" wrote in message
[...]

the issue is that the software will only work on two machines ever.
After that the software is garbage.

It would be fair if it could be installed on two machines AT A TIME,
but its not.

same is with garmin software btw.

matt

Perry

Oliver Fleming said: This is what is known as in my country as "sharp
practice" and can lead to heavy fines and Jail time.

In Canadan as well as the US using more than one copy ( single purchase) of
most any software is called THEFT.I would be careful about what you send the
CBBB. They may turn it over to your local authorities.

Danny

"Captain Joe Redcloud" wrote in message
On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 01:39:47 GMT, "Perry" wrote:

Oliver Fleming said: This is what is known as in my country as "sharp
practice" and can lead to heavy fines and Jail time.

In Canadan as well as the US using more than one copy ( single purchase)
of
most any software is called THEFT.I would be careful about what you send
the
CBBB. They may turn it over to your local authorities.

Baloney! Read the EULA before jumping to wrong conclusions.

Captain Joe Redcloud
1882 Chestnut Hill Road
Mohnton PA
(610) 856-7118

I used to manage the tech support department for one of the biggest nav
software companies in the world. I can tell you first hand that piracy of
this sort of software is rampant, unashamed and unabashed.

You are indeed lucky to be allowed to install it beyond one machine. It's
all you paid to own. Make your same argument with Adobe, Novel, Microsoft or
any number of other companies that have the same protocol and they will
snicker at your logic.

It might be wise for you to enjoy your software and stop maligning a great
little product. In all my years in the biz, I never thought I'd defend my
Canadian brother/competitors, but there you have it.
Capt Dan

Danny

On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 18:02:06 -0800, "Danny" wrote:

"Captain Joe Redcloud" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

You are nuts, and you are incorrect. We are not talking about piracy at
all.
Most software today allows for installation on more than one machine with
just
one license. The world has adjusted to the fact that many peole have a
laptop
and a desktop. Software licenses frequently allow for that.

As I CLEARLY suggested, read your EULA to see what is allowed and not
allowed. I
dare you! You don't know what you are talking about, and it's easy to see
why
you lost your "job"

Captain Joe Redcloud
1882 Chestnut Hill Road
Mohnton PA
(610) 856-7118

Well. I guess you told me! And I didn't even know that I lost my job or my
mind. Thanks for the update. ;-)

Perry

Cap Joe RedCloud said:
My Garmin bluechart software allows me to install it on multiple

computers, and ties it to up to two different GPS units. Captain Joe
Redcloud 1882 Chestnut Hill Road Mohnton PA (610) 856-7118

Cap Joe try this link for your Garmin bluechart EULA software
http://www.garmin.com/manuals/MapSou...UsersGuide.pdf

You may find the your license is valid for a single GPS

Treat software like a book. It's illegal to copy it and only one user at a
time

On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 01:39:47 GMT, "Perry" wrote:

Oliver Fleming said: This is what is known as in my country as "sharp
practice" and can lead to heavy fines and Jail time.

In Canadan as well as the US using more than one copy ( single purchase) of
most any software is called THEFT.I would be careful about what you send

the
CBBB. They may turn it over to your local authorities.

Baloney! Read the EULA before jumping to wrong conclusions.

Captain Joe Redcloud
1882 Chestnut Hill Road
Mohnton PA
(610) 856-7118

John Smith

I bought some 'Nav software' which came with a USB dongle so you can only
use it on one machine at a time.
Peter,

Larry

"Oliver Fleming" wrote in
:

they limit the installations

Precisely why I do not use Windoze XP.....(c;

--
Larry